Emergency Wander no.1 - (11) 12 / 13 April

Wapping

Reaction score
The London Marathon is back to blight the lives of those good folk of London E1, unfortunate enough to live between the river and the Highway, who will be marooned whilst some bod dressed as a ballerina hippo waddles past in a personal best time of nine hours.

France calls for the weekend, maybe going over on the Friday evening.

Really don't want to make this a big one.

Six bikes max, of which I am already one.

If you go somewhere where it is feasible for me to come across and join you from Germany (Köln area) then I would be interested.

Let's go to Charleville-Mezieres.

I'll try to get us back in the Pelican.

If not, Dinant.

Ride there Saturday, ride back Sunday, a different way.

You will probably have a greater knowledge of Charleville-Mezieres than me, but when last there for a night I was spectacularly underwhelmed, the center if indeed we found it was very quiet and soulless, after walking around in seemingly endless circles in search of a reasonable meal we ended up in a burger/cafe bar.:rolleyes: The incessant drizzle added nothing to the evening and a group decision was taken not to bother returning.

John.

It's not bad right in the middle, on the long shopping street.

Good enough for one night, for sure.

The sax shops of Dinant though are calling.....

Hey Richard. I am on Holiday/off school that week so may go ahead and do some riding. Would it be okay to meet you in Dinant on the Sat night and tag along for the Sun ride back? Not confirmed that I will be out in EU ahead of you just yet, but thinking ahead here. Makes sense to get more days in and love the routes you ride (even the farmers fields I ride in!). If that's okay let me know and what hotel you use etc and Ill book in on me own etc (and confirm it all with you) . Cheers

Wapping
Kev B
Dxtans (double)

Adventuredon, happy to have joining up with us. We will plan on leaving Dinant at 09:00. I haven't done anything yet about booking a hotel or a route out or back.

Richard,
Going Friday evening or Saturday morning is fine with me so please count me in
Thanks
Matt

Change of plan.

Let's try something and somewhere I haven't stayed, ahead of a Wander later in the year.

Will post up details, trains etc by Thursday.

All being well we should be going to Sainte Menehould

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=Sai...ehould,+Marne,+Champagne-Ardenne,+France&z=12

Staying at:

Le Cheval Rouge
1 Rue Chanzy 51800 Sainte-Menehould
+33 3 26 60 81 04

http://www.lechevalrouge.com

I have never stayed there or in the town but it looks OK from a very quick visit last year.

It's a reasonable schlep (if we just do a small bit of motorway) but as there is only a select bunch of us we'll be OK, touch wood.

Richard

I have created a return route already, so just need to do the outward leg. I fancy going over the Friday evening, if possible but will have to see what work has in mind. Will pst train times ASAP.

Booked my tickets.

Plumped for going out on Friday evening, because the trains on Saturday morning are chocker.

Out Friday 19:36

Back Sunday 18.50

Now to find us two hotels.

Richard

PS IF I CAN GET OUT OF WORK EARLIER, I MAY WELL TAKE AN EARLIER TRAIN.

Hello Richard,
We are going out earlier so we can visit the Blockhouse (V2 site). Everyone is welcome to come along.
Depart Out: Friday 11 April 12:50
Return Back: Sunday 13 April 18:50

dxtans

Back
Top Bottom