Wheel Change

Good information there nick, the link pipe from the keihin headers to the acra can will be longer than the 67mm that you suggest in order for the can to clear the tyre I cut a piece 67mm long but it needs to be 30 mm longer

Careful - that link pipe length is only needed if:
1. You own a GS / GSA made between 2010 and 2013,
2. You're retaining the standard headers and silencer, and
3. You want to eliminate the exhaust noise-control valve.

For any installation of aftermarket headers and/or silencer, you're on your own... there's no way to document all the possible combinations. ;)

Yes she is a 2010 GSA keihin headers removing the noise valve and fitting acra can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Akraprovic double can headers have the 2 to 1 Y joint further to the left than standard headers. I have at least 1" clearance between my standard 150 tyre and the inside edge of the link pipe. I cant be more specific because the diverging Y link pipe can by rotated slightly to get the best setup - hence me saying "at least 1". It would need a 200 tyre on same centreline on a wide rim to touch the exhaust.

Has anyone thought about having wire wheel hubs laced to different rims to take these different tyres? The GS alloys and wires are the same weight by the way.

Nick what size front are u runnin on the blue bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow,
Thanks for all the info guys,
So many options available, so much to think about. I'll look into the crack and make sure its not something else but I'm pretty sure about it. I'll see if I can get it welded some place. I'm actually in Sydney Australia but thanks for the info. I was under the impression that these rims were magnesium for some reason.

The rocker covers are def magnesium or mag alloy and feel feather light. The GS wheels are pretty heavy so high content magnesium is unlikely.
I weighed my wire spokes against the GS alloys, all with tyres. The GSA rear wire spoke was 1kg lighter than the GS solid alloy.

Sent from my phone with mangled spelling

Nick what size front are u runnin on the blue bike?

Both bikes are currently running 120/70-17 Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros.
I suppose you could also run something in 120/60-17 if you really wanted to, but I currently have no idea what handling quirks it might throw up.

Wow,
Thanks for all the info guys,
So many options available, so much to think about. I'll look into the crack and make sure its not something else but I'm pretty sure about it. I'll see if I can get it welded some place. I'm actually in Sydney Australia but thanks for the info. I was under the impression that these rims were magnesium for some reason.

Nope! They're aluminium alloy. :)
Magnesium isn't good for casting in 'thin' profiles - you really only get the full benefit of it's rigidity-to-mass ratio when it's cast in fairly hefty, chunky shapes.
It also doesn't have the fatigue tolerance that aluminium does, which is why it's popular for motorsport wheels (very high-budget; thrown away if even slightly damaged) but has never been popular for road vehicles.

Rt12, f800s, r1200s, r1200r will fit .

Has anyone fitted an F800 front wheel? I've heard that, as DingDong says, they do fit but I don't know about disc mountings, wheel spacers and all that bothersome detail. From what I remember reading several other treads on the subject this is the only reference to using an F800 wheel.

Back
Top Bottom