ITN Converter for Mac - News and views, please

Wapping

Reaction score
I have never been a great fan of Tyre.

Does anyone use the ITN Converter on their Mac, to convert routes between various file types?

Does it work reliably?

Can it cope with, for example a single 350 mile route, without breaking it into chunks?

Is it any good?

Is it smothered with mindless adverts?

Any good (reliable) places to download it from?

Thanks,

Richard

I have never been a great fan of Tyre.

Does anyone use the ITN Converter on their Mac, to convert routes between various file types?

Does it work reliably?

Can it cope with, for example a single 350 mile route, without breaking it into chunks?

Is it any good?

Is it smothered with mindless adverts?

Any good (reliable) places to download it from?

Thanks,

Richard

Thats the reason I have never considered a TomTom

There's some Route Converters for Mac on Google but never used any so can't comment

You could use Tyre on your Mac if you installed Windows. Personally I'd stick to what your using now. :confused:

Thanks for the news and views, chaps. Much as I thought.

I quite like the Mapsource / BaseCamp maps and their ways of displaying routes. Bods with TomTom's who want routes, I can help by creating track or .gpx versions very easily.... Whilst wondering quite why anyone wound ever want a TomTom.... But just occasionally it would be handy to display the route in Google maps or into say Michelin Maps for fellows.

I can do it the hardway by copying the route, firing-up my PC and loading it into ITN that way, I guess.
Or just sending them a link via Google Earth.

Never mind, there is still lots more for me to learn about the finer points of BaseCamp, without trying to get sidetracked too far.

Back
Top Bottom