Bookings now open!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, its time I finally got around to taking the bookings for this years event.

I realised that most of the other events have been organised and numbers taken etc and some even sold out in advance.

I've tried to keep this event low profile but various people have contacted me wanted to "book in". Please take this thread as the only one for "Please book me in" type of requests.

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

This will be Year 6 so I think we must have got most of the basics right.

I believe in the saying "If it arn't broke, don't fix it" so it will be the same as previous years.

The basic price is £32 broken down as follows:

1. Friday night mega curry. From mild to wild:eek: £6

2. Saturday morning Luxury Full English Breakfast: £5

3. Saturday night top quality BBQ: £6

4. Sunday breakfast (as Saturday): £5

5. Overnight charge of £5 per person per night for Friday and Saturday night. What's that for? Well, first of all it covers the basic camping.:) You get to camp either on the top lawn, or in the fields or for the adventurous, in the ten acre woodland with the foxes, badgers and deer.

Also included is:
Fully equiped workshop possibly better than most dealer facilities in Devon. You are welcome to make use of excellent facilities which include bike ramps, numerous tools including compressors, welders and lots and lots of spanners.:D There will be numerous experts on hand to assist but it is not a "free service" but rather an opportunity to share knowledge and learn how to keep the older bikes on the road. Priority will always be given to airheads (not least because I always have several old wrecks that need attention:) ) but we allow oilheads, hexheads and even toilet models to join in the fun.

We provide free tea and coffee all day long and even Devon real cream teas during the Saturday afternoon. Top quality local real ale and the infamous Devon cider is also available for which we run an honesty bar. All surplus funds raised is given to the local charity who take disabled people on holiday every two years. Last year, we invited the group to join us on the Saturday afternoon and this was a great success. Despite ATT demonstrating his Tourettes syndrome and seeing how far he could bury his head in Tallgirl's cleavage, they want to come again.:D (or perhaps that was part of the attraction?)

For those who like to get dirty, we have ten acres of woodland which has a large enduro course marked out. You are welcome to bring your little enduro bikes or perhaps the "old school" types can thrash your GSs around. For the younger riders, it might be an education to learn that GS bikes can be used on non-tarmac environment.:) We also have sections marked out for trials bikes. You can even borrow various bikes frommy stable to have a play with (KTM300, CRF230, Aprilia TXR240 and Yamaha 660 Quad).

If you want to know more about the entire event then either look back through Previous Events or ask questions on here. We do have toilet and showers etc

It is part Airhead Workshop, part "Chilled out camping Wee Kend", part off-road event, and part "damn good piss up and good food in Devon".:D.

If you want to come it is simply "First paid ,first come".
Paypal the basic £32 to: horman@waffapool.fsnet.co.uk

Please tell me who you are. In the past, several Tossers used their wife's paypal account and it is hard for me to reconcile a payment from say "Debbie@ Dallas.com" to know that it relates to the username "Fat-Tosser" on here, so please help me out.:)

I'm sorry to have to say that numbers have to be limited as it is held at our house and there is a finite number we can accomodate. After the first 50 are paid we will operate a reserve list. In fairness to those who book early, we must add a £10 surcharge to those who book within the final week as this causes us extras trips to the butchers, brewery etc.

I am very flexible with regard to arrival times. Some people turn up anything up to a week in advance (but be warned, you will be put to work) and some people (who shall remain nameless, but sound like "Lee Froader" turn up at 11.00pm on the Sunday night).:eek::eek:

Any questions, please feel free to ask below, otherwise please post to let me know you are coming and help me with Paypal vs Username

I am very flexible with regard to arrival times. Some people turn up anything up to a week in advance (but be warned, you will be put to work) and some people (who shall remain nameless, but sound like "Lee Froader" turn up at 11.00pm on the Sunday night).:eek::eek:

Any questions, please feel free to ask below, otherwise please post to let me know you are coming and help me with Paypal vs Username
Har har. :D:D:D Although quite a good system to avoid the "being put to work" thing. :augie

I blame a very sick dog. Now thankfully much better but also now allergic to anything but the most expensive dog food. :blast

Errr... Do I really need to book? :blast :D

Oh OK I'm in. :friday

May I suggest that money is sent using the I'm Sending money to family or friends option selected. That way Crapaud won't be charged for receiving the money...

PP.JPG

The transfer review page has the option to add/edit the email message. I have put my name details in there.

"Payment for Airhead WeeKend From Simon French AKA SumpRat"

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Done

Payment sent for Jill and I, our sixth year too. We always enjoy this one.

Evening meals plus camping in the new camper with trailer. So a space on the sand school please Sid. No breakfasts thanks, not good at getting ourselves out of bed of a weekend morning.

Ta Val & Jill

Payment sent for Jill and I, our sixth year too. We always enjoy this one.

Evening meals plus camping in the new camper with trailer. So a space on the sand school please Sid. No breakfasts thanks, not good at getting ourselves out of bed of a weekend morning.

Ta Val & Jill

Look forward to seeing you both. I'll have more garlic with me as well ;)

hi sid paypal sent bunkhouse as previously discussed thanks again steve

Hi Sid,

Do you have room for two more camping?

If so will ping monies over.

Regards:beerjug::beerjug:

Hi Sid

just sent Booking Reservation via PayPal - 1 person camping ! Do I need special Insurance against rampant chain harrows ?:driving
Looking forward to the weekend - hope Anne's recovering OK .

Cheers
Roger

Ah, took my eye off the ball, didn't realise you'd started taking bookings proper. Am i still alright for a bed? If so I'll send dosh now.
Tibs

Ok money sent, it probably appears as Jill Tibble, my alter ego.
I'm one of those pinko commie veggies BTW
Tibs

Monies sent for Charly's lad and myself.

Looking forward to it.

Hi Sid

Money sent, will be camping in the top field if poss and using one of the ramps Friday if I may taint one with an Oil Head.....

Oh yes, if anyone has a 77 vintage spoked rear wheel or hub suitable for an R100/7 I'd be interested in maybe buying one.

Current one has a lump in the brake drum caused by corrosion between the ally hub and the steel drum where its pressed in. Skimmed it once but it's not really a suitable repair now.

Cheers, Mike

Just to confirm that all our meat is definitely NOT HALAL meat. No towel head has pointed Daisy towards Meca before torturing her to death.:(

All our meat comes from our excellent local butcher who knows exactly where and when every piece of meat has come from. He can tell you which field Daisy the cow or Porky the pig came from locally on Exmoor.

It is a joy to watch him preparing our order every year. The sausages and burgers are made in front of us so we see 100% what goes into them and it is only good quality fresh meat. Unlike the supermarkets which use "mechanically recovered" bits of shite, hooves etc left on the abattoir floor.

He selects only the best bits of ribs etc and throws away anything that he thinks is not good enough for us.:)

Its making me feel hungry just posting this.:)

It is worth coming to this event just for the quality of the food.:)

Now only three weeks from today until the event.

Here's a great photo from last years event.

I do love that photo as it shows many of the best things from the event, two of my good friends, Paintman and Outtomunch enjoying the Devon sun. In the background can be seen Sam Manicom chatting to a Harley rider (apologies I forget your name).

The only downside is that I look like a real fat tosser with more Chins than the Hong Kong phone directory.:D Hopefully, I'll look a bit slimmer this year being about a stone lighter.:)

Bookings are on par with previous years i.e. I think nobody is coming until the last minute and then suddenly 30 tossers all want to book in within the last 48 hours.:) You buggers do this to me every year and despite this I always worry that we don't know the final numbers until the last minute.

I will be away on holiday from Monday 26th to Friday 30th May. The local disabled group that we raised the funds for last year are having their bi-annual holiday and I have again been volunteered as their minibus driver and general "gofer". Our chef Simon (aka Sumprat) is traveliing down to Devon on Saturday 31st May to help me for the full week before the event.:thumby:

I have had enquiries from local bikers etc but I am reluctant to open the event up to "non-tossers" until I'm sure that there are no more bookings from on here.

Please let me know if you want to come, first come first served.

NB You don't have to ride an Airhead, and you don't have to smell of Wee.:D
But priority for those that do!

hello I've just paid for me and the misses looking forward to seeing everyone and having a few beers and curry :D

camping in a field somewhere please :camping

it will be the return of sheps bike and it will be loaded to the max with decathlons finest :p

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom