The "Into The West" Weekend in Leenane, Co.Galway Sept 5th-7th 2014

https://www.instantstreetview.com/2po62lz38h5cfz4fgzp7z2u

Gaynors Bar. Three off us walked into the bar, 5 locals at the bar. All drinking a pint, women came to the bar and looked at us. Then went and asked each of the fellas standing there if they wanted a pint.. All said no, right our turn. No a local couple walked in and we were ignored again. Eventually we got a pint (shit it was too). Then asked if they were doing food. NO! Snapped the reply. So we sat down. Out of the kitchen came food, even for people who came in afterwards.. Worst I'd personally been treated anywhere. So we walked back to the hotel and had a great pint and some wonderful food.... Lesson learned.

That was dammed ignorant of whoever you were dealing with, Trip Advisor is a great way of dealing with people like this, ye should have asked for management and complained, guess ye probably were by the sounds of it

Betty & Mrs Swollocks haven't been to an event in a while, but have just booked in for this.

Rode through Connemarra last year and was blown away with the area. Really looking forward to this one!

Betty & Mrs Swollocks haven't been to an event in a while, but have just booked in for this.

Rode through Connemarra last year and was blown away with the area. Really looking forward to this one!

Nice one, look forward to seeing you both again :thumb

:aidan

You didn't say that when I booked........

Well my friend, there are two possibilities :eek:

1) You're such a favourite of Mandy's that it's taken as read ...

2) She's not looking forward to seeing you again :comfort

:beerjug:

Hi all just to update on the hotel weekend in leenaun it's 2nights dinner/bed/breakfast fri/sat night so no need to worry about meals Friday night regards James

I have edited Jochens original post to that effect James and have asked the BHT to create a wee section within National Events for this event.

A great idea, by the way. Everyone is looking forward to this one. :thumb2

Quick update ;)

The hotel have offered 3 nights B&B with dinner on all 3 nights for €159 should anyone want to arrive earlier or leave later.

Also, for those booking ferries, last orders for dinner on Friday night will be 22.00

Beautiful location

Stopped for a refreshment at the hotel on the way to Westport yesterday. The location of the hotel is brilliant for exploring the surrounding countryside which offers some really incredible riding, some of the best in Ireland. I hope the weather is as good in September.

I am more "squared" than "doubled" ! Still working on George Wicks..some of those roads look slippery and you never know when a helping hand could be needed...

Back
Top Bottom