Anyone owned a CB1300s??

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just wondering whether a CB1300s might be on my horizon.

Please, has anyone who has owned one got any views?

What are they like to live with?

Cheers,

Paul G

Attachments

• CB1300s.jpg
    CB1300s.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 941
Can't help with your question but a more attractive bike would be hard to find imo (and I'm a Yamaha man). Used and new model been sitting in Maidstone Honda for eons..

Thanks g00ner.

That looks nice, but at £4,880 for a 2007 with 22,000 miles, that might be a bit overpriced (compared to all the other examples I've seen for sale) so perhaps that's why it has stuck around for a while?

I agree though, they do look nice.

P

I had a cb1300 a9 naked model. Fantastic smooth turbine like engine.
but had no soul.. got bored with it.. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1-honda-02.jpg
    1-honda-02.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 900
I had the CB1300S for 2 years & really enjoyed it. Comfortable, plenty fast enough & the engine was really smooth & powerfull enough to pull away in any gear.

had 2, the naked ones.as said before turbine smooth and fast enough for most[142].lent it to my lad once he came back saying,its a bit boring you only need first and fifth.he was probably right. j

If you take a pillion the rear pegs are very high for the bike it is, got lowers on mine the missus still complains! I like the bike it goes nicely with the GS!
qepavy3u.jpg

The only bike I've made the ABS kick in and saved my skin carrying too much weight ( not speed ) into a corner. Just like everyone else said, sold as it got boring. Much lighter bikes out there doing just the same now. I'd look elsewhere to be honest.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely loved mine, and I will probably have another at some point.
Sold mine as it was a second bike to my Blackbird at the time, and wasn't good enough to replace the bird, mainly because the bird was better at carrying summer holiday luggage.
I did find it hard to keep clean, and the wife complained about vibes from the exhaust side pillion peg. Brisk rides along country roads can tie the basic rear end up quite easily too.
Bought my R850GS from the proceeds, and we rarely holiday with just the bike now, using car and trailer for most trips and we've a Pan we can use if we do want to do a two up trip these days.
But I would def have another:D

Thanks for the replies - it's interesting that the opinions are quite divided.

The message I get is that the bikes are really good at what they do, perhaps so much so that with all that efficiency they sacrifice a bit of excitement.

Marcus I take your comments about the weight on board, too.

Looks are always going to be a subjective issue but for me (as someone who remembers the CB1100R coming on the scene to shake up the proddy racing series) I do think they're fabulous looking bikes.

OK food for thought. Thanks again :beerjug:

P

Here we go - I just had to google it - this is the real thing.

Sadly I can't claim to know either of the girls.... :D

Attachments

• CB1100R.jpg
    CB1100R.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 923
I had a lovely black one, it was excellent a grunty engine and having owned a CB750 then a CBX750 (radical for its time) and a CB900 this one was the daddy - only trouble i had a snapped drive chain under really heavy acceleration two up in Merthyr on the bypass - could have been deadly but just came to a powerless stop! Honda replaced the chain…

I had an ex demo S that I enjoyed for a while but like others have said, I got bored with it. Took six months to sell and that was at a cheap price. It needs a higher screen and you have to take the fairing apart to change the headlight bulb.:blast
The biggest gripe with it was it desperately needed a 6th gear but it was a good looking bike.

I got this one a few weeks ago and finding it very comfortable and quick. Can't actually fault it, to be honest.

Honda%2520CB1300.jpg

Brother in law just sold his i rode it quite a bit...Bland and pretty boring,well made though as most Hondas and as said turbine smooth and faily quick....imho...

I always thought both the Honda CB1300 and the Suzuki GSX1400 looked fantastic, tried them both a few years back and eventually opted for the Suzuki, have to agree with what has been said, both great engines and both look the part but I quickly became bored with the suspect handling and useless wind protection, I would have another, either the Honda or the GSX , but not as my main bike......

I had a new one in 2006. Only had it for 2000 miles. It was the most boring bike I ever owned. Soulless. Loved the look but that's it. I sold it and bought a Tiger 955i with same miles and year for same money. Much better!

Well given that you've just bought my R1100RS, I've been out an bought this!

Attachments

• cb1300.jpg
    cb1300.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 267

Back
Top Bottom