Samsung S3 with NavFree and powered mount and bluetooth headset

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks,

Used to have a TomTom Rider but now i have the Samsung S3 and have NavFree installed i wanted to ask if anyone had experience of using this mount: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E1FEWAE/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Seems pretty decent but one i was wanting to ask is what bluetooth headset do folk opt for when connecting to the phone for calls on the move?

Also can you still touch the screen through these mount cases or would you have to have the phone set to voice activation??

Any thoughts much appretiated.
Mark

No experience of using the mount specified but...

Headset - I use Sena SMH-5 - sound quality is good, functionality keeps improving incrementally through excellent software updates from Sena. Good quality headset - not 'budget' but well priced for what it does. If you want to be able to talk to multiple other riders using other makes of headset you need the SMH-10 or 10R but if you're happy with full phone integration, sat nav directions and music inc. voice activation of phone functions (assuming your phone supports this) then the 5 is fine. It does do intercom to Sena and generic headsets but can only pair with one other non-Sena unit.

Touch screen functionality - it says in the product description that this case maintains access to touch screen functions! :blast

HTH

Edit: Sena 5 doesn't work with ear bud monitors (no 3.5 mm jack socket), only with its own speakers. 10 (and above) gives you the option.

Thanks JKW, with the current spending frenzy i have been on the other half will go nuts if i spend too much. Im trying to do it on the cheap for the time being hence the use of the phone instead of a new Sat Nav. So in the past i used a Tom Tom Rider V2 with scala headset worked great but sold all the kit with the bike last year. So now to start i simply want to be able to make and receive calls on the move keeps the other half happy, so thoughts were simply use the phone and cheap headset. Its a company phone is my other issue and i think we are upgrading in the summer, been in touch with IT to check this out.

I use a scale rider q3 with my s3. I use an ultimate addons mount bought from eBay, which works great. Try out sygic for the satnav software, 3D maps and includes all Europe, plus it's free if you look in the right places ;-)
I found it better than other offerings as you use no data as all the maps are stored on the phone.

Cheers Cbrgaz, yep had found the mount and case: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160907476863?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 which looks decent also saw this headset: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161238704849?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 which is A2DP enabled which i belive you need to have for voice guidance to work via phones GPS.

Have been using Navfree today in the car and its the same maps all download to the phone and are available for all over the world.

Will deffo give that sygic a try and see what like, does the voice guidance work for you with bluetooth??

Back
Top Bottom