Exmoor bash - Food for the weekend.

Humbug

Reaction score
As it has been intimated that The Staghunters Inn is fairly booked up for food Paula and I would be happy to cook both nights for anyone who doesn't want to try to get a table at the pub.

For the Friday night I propose to cook Chicken stir fried with pickled ginger, chilli, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, sweetcorn and noodles with hoi sin and chinese spices. This will be accompanied with chunks of tiger bread.

For Saturday I shall do a dish of minced beef cooked with thai holy basil and chilli, served with basmati rice and accompanied with prawn crackers.

I shall also provide a jar of Nam Pla prik, a fiery condiment made from fish sauce and demon red chillies. This is for those who like a bit of heat.

I can also do a vegetarian option if requested.

The cost will be £4.00 per head for each meal. Any profits we make will go towards the cost of providing an education for a couple of children from the Gambia. Paula and I are sponsoring their education direct.

If you would like food, please let us know fairly soon so we can shop accordingly and avoid waste. I'm sorry that it has come so late but we've just moved ourselves into our new (temporary) home whilst ours is stripped out for drying and renovation after the floods.

Andy

Hi Andy, three portions (two for me & one for Sandy) for both nights please… sounds bloomin marvellous. :thumb2
If i get enough time, i'll bake a couple of rhubarb and polenta cakes for afters.

Hi Andy

That's really good of you both :thumb
Please put me down for Friday and Saturday meals :drool
Thanks
Darrel

Ohhh, sounds great, I'm in for both meals, just me :) Not booked with the campsite yet, will get that organised tomorrow. I've been a bit distracted with my dad who's not too well at the moment. Really looking forward to the weekend, let's hope this great weather makes it to next weekend

Adrian aka Orinoco

Ooh Yes please Andy, Can Jill and I be included for Staurday night please.

Heading up Friday morning so should be there around 2pm.

Val.

Yes please, count me in for both nights.
Quality menu always appreciated.
Own stool provided.
Might even bring a chair too.

weekend food!

Hi
can you put me down for Friday and Saturday please?

Cheers

Zach

Fri night meal please.
Poor ole body can't take chili so will sort sat meal mesen thank you. :beerjug:

:thumb2.....

Oh FFS! :mad:

I didn't know there was a separate thread for food?????

Ah well, if it's too late then it's too late, we'll bring our own... :thumb

Well, it wasn't too late and thank you very much Andy and Paula for catering to such a superb level! :clap -even did a chilli free 'special' for Ash's delicate pallet ;)

Lisa is still keen to learn the secrets of the Saturday night offering :rolleyes:

Many thanks to Ma & Pa Humbug for the super food and making special effort with my spice free meal......

:beerjug:

And not for getting the lovely Rhubarb cakes front our host. Yum yum..

Back
Top Bottom