Off Tarmac STD2 July 2014

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey up. Bill has asked me to do a route for the folks who want to get out onto the lanes
I will do a run around the peak district fit for the larger bike and rider ( I will be on an old r80GS ) I am also available to mark peoples maps up of the trails and for those who have Garmin GPSs I will way-point some of the trails and pm them to folk who maybe want to just do a few or don't want to ride in a group. I would recommend that folks don't ride on their own of course and although I will check the route and ride the lanes a few days before the ride out I can not accept any responsibility for any damage or owt that yer get up to. So don't moan or blame me for owt
Mick :thumby:

Thanks Mick, much appreciated. It's great to see people giving their time (and petrol) to help with the 'Do'

:bow :thumb2

I maybe up for it... Depends if the missus can make it or not now. :( hope she can.

Mick, I'd really like to have a garmin file if you have something available. I recently moved to Buxton so am wanting to get to know my new patch. If you are looking for a riding partner any time in the Peaks please let me know .... as long as I can crib off your routes ;)

Hi Mick

Have you any idea what time you will be starting the run and where from, I would be interested in joining the trip.

John

I will be checking the route just a few days before the rideout
I use Garmin or OSM so I will send yer the final route if you like but be aware it is on yer own judgement that yer use the info and I am not to be winged and moaned at if it goes tits up for yer
I would think we should be setting off from the event site about 10am sharp
I will have to spilt yer up into groups if there is more than 6 turn up as long as we dont all trail down the same route in a line I see anyproblems
I will also try and waypoint the start and finish of each lane should folks want to do it at there own pace ( dont go on yer own though)
I will mark yer maps up with what I know ( It should be all legal but if there is a notice saying otherwise I would think it to be correct and not me)
Mr Gecko I will be in touch with yer with some info and after I have done SIDS AIRHEAD WEEKEND plug plug and THE HISS 2014 in Spain plug plug.
I will gladly show you around what I know ( maybe the route as well )
Mick :thumby:

Mick

I seem to remember that last year it was just me and you on the off-road bimble.

I'm definately up for this just not sure which GS to bring.:) Might be old faithful the 1100 or might be Bertha but that is on tourances not TKC80 or could possibly but unlikely be R65 GS special if new wiring loom is built in time.

Looking forward to this event.:)

Just to on the safe side, and to assure good weather for the event, I would use TKC shod bike Sid
Popping out next week for the first recce if it stays dryish
I will waypoint the route for others wanting to do it at their own pace/speed/ in another group

off road ride

hi Mick im up for the off road ride but will be coming on the crf 250l so will be fine got a garmin 600 if you have a route planned or happy to lead if there is enough or too many in 1 group
scrub that Tim can lead!:thumb2

I am going to ride the whole route and do a tracklog on Garmin software
I will post it out to anyone who wants it. As long as yer dont go out on yer own or in larger groups than 5 everyone should be OK. I am 99.9% sure all is legal at the moment of course if you come up to a big FO sign saying otherwise dont gu down or up it. I went Tuesday with Tuftywhite on his r80g/s and he managed it all very easily. We did most all of it but forgot to switch the tracklog on :rob :blast. Still that's a good reason for doing it all again next week. All the lanes/trails were empty (midweek of course)
More as it happens roll on :thumby:

If I've got my Xcode back together IDE like to join as well if I may:thumb2

I am going to ride the whole route and do a tracklog on Garmin software
I will post it out to anyone who wants it. As long as yer dont go out on yer own or in larger groups than 5 everyone should be OK. I am 99.9% sure all is legal at the moment of course if you come up to a big FO sign saying otherwise dont gu down or up it. I went Tuesday with Tuftywhite on his r80g/s and he managed it all very easily. We did most all of it but forgot to switch the tracklog on :rob :blast. Still that's a good reason for doing it all again next week. All the lanes/trails were empty (midweek of course)
More as it happens roll on :thumby:

I want you back safely; I'm sleeping with you Saturday night !!:drums

Back
Top Bottom