letter recieved today , kinda nice feeling inside now...

Slimbo,

don't know if it's the computer I'm on at the moment, but the res is too poor to read - can you post a transcript?

Mike:)

Mike O said:
Slimbo,

don't know if it's the computer I'm on at the moment, but the res is too poor to read - can you post a transcript?

Mike:)

Phew!

Thought my eyes had got worse!:D

Slimbo

My eyes are pretty poor too, but I think there is a request in there for stationaries.

I depart to The Gambia next week with a lot of 'stationaries' for various schools & charitable foundations. I would be happy to provide a box of goodies for these guys too if you'd like & can deliver them in person with greetings from UKGSer.

Let me have the full contact details if you'd like this.

ralphy

I'm not

quite as blind as you other chaps yet. It is a thank-you letter from The St Francis Basic Cycle school in West Africa for the 'mountain of gifts' sent by yer man.

See they were all wrong when they said IT makes you go blind & my palms are not hairy!

here yar!!

A letter of apreciation, gratitude and thanks giving

A gift is given out for the common good of mankind is always a wonderful one.
When a hand of gifts is given out to the needy there is nothing but to show appreciation gratitude and say a million times thank you.

We were never expecting such a gift of that nature. When you gave us different patterns and sizes of jersies for our football teams, a bag full of pens and a guitar, to us is a mountain of gifts. This is why I have been asked by the staff and pupils to extend to you our sincere gratitude, appreciation and to say thank you a thousand folds.

I would like to start a link with you and encourage you from time to time to extend to us such a beautiful hand. Infact I would rather you gather a pack of stationeries,
Used jersies and anyother materials you would think valuable for us here and send it over for our use.

This transcript as typed (remember them? Typewriters?)
And received this morning…

The address is
St francis basic cycle school
Kunkujang mariama
Po box 165
Banjul, the Gambia
West Africa…

The principals name is mr paul f Gomez …
And this is what we all did !! biro’s rulers and stuff ..
Feeling particularly good now (and so should bill and tony)
Slimbo.

What a brilliant letter!

Warm glows all round then :D

Well done guys.

Cheers

Dick

'boris' went to the alexander edwards clinic in bansang gambia under the motherly umbrella of stella a lady who also looks after a chimp rescue trust . he will be used for emergency work with the clinic and also transport for kids on eco education . boris and meg the other landy will be saving lives from day one as the clinic looks after several villages and the nearest hospital is many miles away , oh yes and no roads only tracks.. ..

i will be putting the finishing touches to the drive report in the next day or so so keep tuned ..

Box of 'stationaries' now packed for St Francis School - along with some clothing.
Will try to arrange a pic with Principal Gomez when we meet him.

update

Mrs ralphy & I paid a visit to st francis basic cycle school last week.

It’s a big school…………………….

Attachments

• parade.jpg
    parade.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 415
845 students to be precise……………

Attachments

• parade1.jpg
    parade1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 401
so we distributed 845 ‘stationaries’ as promised……………..

Attachments

• jeni.jpg
    jeni.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 391
which seemed to be well received…………..

Attachments

• pleased.jpg
    pleased.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 152
this is Malik, like every other student he walks to school; in his case 5 miles (each way) - barefooted, none of his family possess shoes………….

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 153
And a message on the board to the UKGSers!

Attachments

• thank you.jpg
    thank you.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 136

Back
Top Bottom