Ticker Killer or new bushes??

Thanks for the info, I contacted Steve he can do a full refurb on my right hand side throttle body for £60 plus p+p good value I think personally but I do like a challenge plus aim a tight Yorkshire git so it's a DIY for me !

Can you clarify what a full refurb consists of?

Regarding the TB rattling and for those who have done it;
Is the wear primarily on the shaft or the bushings?

I have bought the bushings from bearingboys and thinking of doing it soon.

But, will I in the end have to cough up the ££ for the Dan Cata kit to which I don’t as yet want to spend out on.
If it is just new split bushings and will last another 10yrs on my O2 bike, that will be enough for my old knees to take.

In replacing the split bush bearings, assume to take the shafts out anyway on the TB’s and therefore I will also need to buy new shaft screws for the discs as well.
Anything else?

Patria o Muerte

Regarding the TB rattling and for those who have done it;
Is the wear primarily on the shaft or the bushings?

I have bought the bushings from bearingboys and thinking of doing it soon.

But, will I in the end have to cough up the ££ for the Dan Cata kit to which I don’t as yet want to spend out on.
If it is just new split bushings and will last another 10yrs on my O2 bike, that will be enough for my old knees to take.

In replacing the split bush bearings, assume to take the shafts out anyway on the TB’s and therefore I will also need to buy new shaft screws for the discs as well.
Anything else?

Patria o Muerte

Hi
I have replaced the bushings from Bearingboys at only £7.10 including postage for the 4 required and it was all that was needed. The original screws came out ok, so you can reuse the screws using thread lock.

Back
Top Bottom