12/24Hr Clock and PSI instead of BAR?

Thats odd as Clarks changed the date but said psi couldnt be done....

It can be done, they revert the clocks back to factory set up (it will remember your mileage) it than allows them to change settings and than set up psi or lbs as specified, as i wanted my tps removing as i have 2 sets of wheels .

I know it's perverse of BMW to do it:

That is, to sell something which requires a dealer to make minor changes to the display, when just about every car on the road, and many motorcycles enable the owner to do to themselves, but:
Did you by any chance pay for the bike with groats?
Sometimes old dogs should learn new tricks.
Britain went metric in 1884.
Maybe it is time for you to catch up!

Myke

That is, to sell something which requires a dealer to make minor changes to the display, when just about every car on the road, and many motorcycles enable the owner to do to themselves, but:
Did you by any chance pay for the bike with groats?
Sometimes old dogs should learn new tricks.
Britain went metric in 1884.
Maybe it is time for you to catch up!

Myke

Thats why speed is in mph and consumption in mpg

Personally, I cant stand 12 hr clocks and would prefer PSI to Bars but my dealer says it cant be done. Given that I have several other sources of time available and only check the tyres once a day, its not a biggie for me.

Eh?

TGiven that I have several other sources of time available and only check the tyres once a day, its not a biggie for me.

Just put a new front tyre on my RT. Canvas was about to show. Noticed it yesterday.
Last time pressure was checked? By the tyre fitter who put the now bald one on!
Myke

Does Zumo do this?

Just tried it and it's the opposite way round.

Miles and psi

Kph and bar

The implication here is that the BMW Nav works out the speed units based on location and communicates with the on-board computer to alter the display.

Has anyone been to Continental Europe with a Zumo and noticed whether it also communicates with the on-board computer in the same way? I haven't seen any tyre pressure info being displayed on the Zumo.

Be really handy to have the Current Speed display on the on-board computer using kph and I:
1) Don't see a way to force it through the menu system.
2) Don't want to have to visit a dealer to have it changed (twice - once on the way out and once when I get home).

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Right! So.. the latest update.

I spoke to BMW Uk about it, and they categorically said it can be done. Vines (guildford) unfortunately were unsuccessful on their equipment but did comment that Bahmstormers in Maidenhead had different kit.

Long and short, £35 later, I now have a 24Hr clock, and my tyre pressure monitors are in PSI.

So, can be done, if you persevere and you have a dealer with the right computer.

Mine was reading bar, it’s changed to psi and I’d prefer bar as that’s what I became accustomed to!

My late 1200gsa Rallye can be either bar or psi. Just access the tft menu and find the settings that refer to the tyre pressure and select what you want. Not sure about the clock 12/24 hr setting though not been an issue...

On my GSA Rallye manufactured July 18, I have used the menu button, then the toggle wheel to select settings. Then select system settings followed by units. The relevant items are then displayed for you to select the readout.

I’ve not found a way to change the clock to 24 hour on the in-built clocks ...
Which is annoying !

However on the plumbed in sat nav, it’s easy to change the clock to 24 hour, speed in mph or kph, tyre pressure in BAR or psi etc

So for anyone with a BMW sat nav, that at least provides a work around ...

Hope that helps !

I’m going to ask my local dealer to change the clock to 24 hour next time the bike goes in for something...

It is annoying that is not user-adjustable !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was reading bar, it’s changed to psi and I’d prefer bar as that’s what I became accustomed to!

It occurred to me, after posting this that the bikes tyre pressure display is in bar, the sat nav is in psi. I am surprised that you cannot select your preferred tyre pressure unit, regardless of speed units.

It occurred to me, after posting this that the bikes tyre pressure display is in bar, the sat nav is in psi. I am surprised that you cannot select your preferred tyre pressure unit, regardless of speed units.

Have you noticed the Nav5/6 displays actual pressures, not compensated like the bike.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the clock from 12hr to 24hr? Same with the RDC readings, is it possible to get them in PSI instead of Bar?

Manual is a chocolate teapot.

Yes had mine changed to psi last year by bmw dealer during service. Took 2 mins. Also have noticed my GS-911wifi also allows the option, ‘16 reg LC

Back
Top Bottom