12/24Hr Clock and PSI instead of BAR?

Nevvyn

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible to change the clock from 12hr to 24hr? Same with the RDC readings, is it possible to get them in PSI instead of Bar?

Manual is a chocolate teapot.

You need to get the dealer to code that in. Last time I checked (about 3 months ago), they said it couldn't be done, but it appears that it can now.:thumb

You need to get the dealer to code that in. Last time I checked (about 3 months ago), they said it couldn't be done, but it appears that it can now.:thumb

That sounds like a load of cobblers to me. "We can't do it" is usually code either for: "We haven't sent a technician for the relevant course yet", or "Can't you see we're too busy to bother with you?"

As I understand, it's five minutes' work using the GT1.

If Hexcode are on the ball, it also won't be long until you can do it with a GS911.

The GS911 can do it already - at least on my old fashioned Hexhead it can! Can also change the temp reading between Farenheit and celcius.

The GS911 can do it already - at least on my old fashioned Hexhead it can! Can also change the temp reading between Farenheit and celcius.

I'm speaking cautiously here, as I haven't looked at the Hexcode website... but if the GS911 hasn't yet received maps for the new-generation LINBUS+CANBUS-equipped bikes, it should. Very soon.
Hexcode know that if they don't step up to the plate, it's only a matter of time before someone else does. ;)

Took mine to Clarks yesterday.
I had the date altered to DDMMYY but was told they cant change the bar to psi...!
I didnt enquire as to the 12/24 hr clock

edit

oops mines a 2013 wc gs

I'm speaking cautiously here, as I haven't looked at the Hexcode website... but if the GS911 hasn't yet received maps for the new-generation LINBUS+CANBUS-equipped bikes, it should. Very soon.
Hexcode know that if they don't step up to the plate, it's only a matter of time before someone else does. ;)

Neither the 1200LC or K1600 is supported yet - its still in development as new hardware as well as software is required. The current GS911 is not compatible and won't be in the future for these models.

When using the nav V doesn't the RDC read in psi on the screen instead of bar.

Can than be changed to bar?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

When using the nav V doesn't the RDC read in psi on the screen instead of bar.

Can than be changed to bar?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yes, if you switch the distance to mph, it will read in bar, and if you run in kph, it will read in psi.

So, has anyone had the bike tyre pressure read out on the WC bikes changed from Bar to PSI, the time changed to 24 hour readout, and has anyone had the indicator cancellation time extended like you could do on the earlier models?
If so, and if anyone has the knowledge on how to do it, could you please post the "how to" on here.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I realise it is a dealer, or someone with access to the correct equipment, that needs to make any changes. However my dealer, and I believe others, have said it can't be done. They may be right, perhaps it can't be done, but I suspect it can but they just don't know how to do it yet.
This happened with the earlier models in their early days, the only way to prove it could be done was when someone posted the instructions the techs needed to carry out on their diagnostic computers to make the changes.

If someone can confirm the changes have been made to their bike then we have somewhere to start, and if anyone knows the instructions to make the changes, even better.

Took mine to riders in Cardiff two weeks ago now have 24hr clock and psi readout, so it can be done (2013 LC)

If the option is there should this not be specified at the time of order so that it could be facilitated at the time of build?

It's a bit like no panniers available for the TE version even though the fixings are fitted:nenau

If the option is there should this not be specified at the time of order so that it could be facilitated at the time of build?

It's a bit like no panniers available for the TE version even though the fixings are fitted:nenau

Can't see that that would be a practical option for BMW having individual order preferences for software settings. In my opinion its only software and it could easily be made programmable by owners however that would deny the dealers an opportunity to have time on the bike and an appropriate invoice generated.

Can't see that that would be a practical option for BMW having individual order preferences for software settings. In my opinion its only software and it could easily be made programmable by owners however that would deny the dealers an opportunity to have time on the bike and an appropriate invoice generated.

It's bad enough that owners cannot set it themselves but if I was in BMW management I'd be embarrassed that a customer can seriously suggest they cannot produce an extremely simple software setting to the customers request.

It's not as if it's individual engine map it's just the time and tyre pressure. Even making it market specific to suit the bike being built would be an improvement or do the USA bikes give an Uk mpg readout!

As for paying the dealer to set the clock you've got to be pulling my leg.

Back
Top Bottom