Have you registered with 112?

Dialled 112 to register and was connected straight to the emergency services.:eek:

Tried again and it sent the txt....you then have to txt Yes to 999....Then you receive another txt which says you haven't completed your registration....sooooo....you have to send Yes to 999, which if like me you send again, then guess what you have to do ?

You've got it....send Yes to 999....Is this some kind of scam!

The video is correct -just follow the instructions.
I believe knowing 112 is now a requirement to be a British Citizen! Please correct me if I`m wrong.

Right for all those "Bods" out there that follow instruction to the letter, do as the vid says and not the txt you receive back!

This is a copy of the received txt when I tried to register.

You have not finished registering. After reading ALL the message, SEND THE WORD 'YES' TO 999 TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION - otherwise your phone isn't registered. In an emergency, you will know your message has been received ONLY when you get a reply from an emergency service; until then try other methods. Full details, terms and conditions are available at www.emergencysms.org.uk

So in defence, as I read it you had to send the words YES TO 999 but the clip says just to text yes (no mention of 999)

I'm orf to lay down now....I've got a nose bleed working this out :)

It's a load of shite:

The 112 facility is provided for foreigners in this country who dial that as it is their emergency number.

Reciprocal agreements exist in other countries.

It has fuck all to do with frequencies or any of that bollocks.

The people who put this video out are fuckwhits.

:beerjug:

It's a load of shite:

The 112 facility is provided for foreigners in this country who dial that as it is their emergency number.

Reciprocal agreements exist in other countries.

It has fuck all to do with frequencies or any of that bollocks.

The people who put this video out are fuckwhits.

:beerjug:

Amazing! I came to the same conclusion and my nose bleed stopped

Dialling either 999 or 112 from a mobile phone will get you through to the emergency services, however, if you dial 999 your call may come up on an emergency switchboard nowhere near your location, 112 will route your call to the nearest emergency services operator regardless of your location or service provider.
If you dialled 999 you might have issues explaining where exactly you are in the country (the call would likely route to the emergency services operator closest to your mobile service providers main switch, try explaining you are on a little road in the middle of Scotland to an operator in Hampshire for example), while if you dialled 112 there is at least some chance of the local operator knowing the area you are in.

Dialling either 999 or 112 from a mobile phone will get you through to the emergency services, however, if you dial 999 your call may come up on an emergency switchboard nowhere near your location, 112 will route your call to the nearest emergency services operator regardless of your location or service provider.
If you dialled 999 you might have issues explaining where exactly you are in the country (the call would likely route to the emergency services operator closest to your mobile service providers main switch, try explaining you are on a little road in the middle of Scotland to an operator in Hampshire for example), while if you dialled 112 there is at least some chance of the local operator knowing the area you are in.

Well that's a bit fucked up then :nenau

I think you will find 112 and 999 deliver to the same Emergency Operators. As Mr K said, its just a translation to assist tourists/illegal immigrants.
There are very few switchboards these days, gone are the days when the operator taking the call knew the area you are requesting assistance for.

And the similarity of Hampshire and Scotland is ?

At a St Johns Ambulance first aid course I was told that 999 didn't work on all mobile devices and 112 did.

In in the US it's 911, in other countries it is 119, 111 etc. maybe 112 is commonly used in Europe. The first thing to do is shout HELP !

Back
Top Bottom