DrAlf’s Spirited Road Ride

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per previous years I’ll be putting on a spirited road ride around the Cotswolds and beyond – in fact it’s the main reason why I agreed to ‘organise’ the rally this year. Previous trips have been a load of fun and thoroughly enjoyed by most:augie

Standard drill – 160ish miles of the best biking roads that I know of in the Cotswolds. A real mixture of fast A roads, challenging B roads and a few ‘white’ roads chucked in for good measure – oh and maybe a humpback bridge or two just to keep you on your toes. No offroad and suitable for all bikes.

Pace will be sensible and safe but not a bimble.

We’ll aim for a 10:45am start and home for beer and banter late afternoon. Depending upon numbers I may need a last man (TeC) and would welcome any offers.

Who’s in?.......

Darn will just be leaving Norway enroute to Germany so will have to miss this this year. If the run is half as good as last year it'll be ace so enjoy :beerjug:

If previous years spirited rides are anything to go by, it'll be a belter!!!!!!!

Alas, I won't be on it this year.....but off road magnificence awaits......:green gri

Is this the one that they all moan about....The pussies that is:thumb

Might be:augie TBH the standard of riding was OK last year and the standard of riding on the Spirited Whales ride at Easter was very high indeed. Biking's supposed to be fun - isn't it?!:augie

Might be:augie TBH the standard of riding was OK last year and the standard of riding on the Spirited Whales ride at Easter was very high indeed. Biking's supposed to be fun - isn't it?!:augie

OK, I'll bite. Yes biking is supposed to be fun. Might be worth messaging att and asking why he doesn't do group rides, especially fast rides with 'very high standards of riding indeed'?

It's all fine until Mrs Micra gets in the way and then gets scared by all those horrid noisy bikes. After all bikers turn into jihadists (source BBC)

Any other takers or am I going to have to drag Nutty round the Cotswolds on my own?!:eek:

I may have a couple of sportsbike mates coming along too:green gri

Any other takers or am I going to have to drag Nutty round the Cotswolds on my own?!:eek:

Maybe they're all scared :comfort:D

Cant be that fast as I kept up on an old R80
I cant be there unfortunately as me elbow needs help tomorra:(
Do some folks on here buy a bike so they can talk about it or ride it
Have a great ride out with an expert leader

Hi Adam,

Zach, Chris (Bilco) and myself are up for the road ride, if you'll have us :) and Chris has offered to be your tail end Charlie. My KTM is sailing off to the States so I'll be on my Ducati :)

Regards,

Jo

Hi Adam

All being well I hope to be there, need to think about accommodation are there any rooms nearby ?

Cheers John.

Excellent - thanks all and special thanks to Chris for the TEC duties... you're hired.

Mick: Get well soon buddy - we're overdue a meet up:)
John: Rooms are limited - worth phoning the hotel to see if there's any cancellations, other than that it's either camping or a day ride. Really hope you can make it - enjoyed your company in Whales:thumby:

I've just been told I'm TEC so happy to do it......honest. Luckily for you lot (and the bike), I won't have to thrash the tits of the old DR650 because JoJo is entrusting me with a missile of Japanese persuasion:D

Back
Top Bottom