Last minute preperations

(RIP) Miff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I finally decided against bringing the van and ZZR600, and decided to come along on the GS.

So this afternoon, I give it a quick check over and scrape the bugs from the lights. Looking into the garage, my eyes fall on the white board I have with all the bike's details on. You know, tyre pressures, insurance and MOT dates etc.

The GS's MOT ran out a fortnight ago. It's now 16:20. I'm heading to Staffs in the morning at (maybe) 8am ish. Arse.

Quick ring round and a local bike MOT bloke says to bring it round. I think that's what he said because all I could hear was laughter.
Bike is finally MOT'd at 17:30. Phew. That was close. I really didn't want to bring the van and ZZR.

Get home, and wheel the GS into the garage. Look at the white board to see when the ZZR MOT is due.
1st June 2014.

I still haven't decided whether to swop tyres around on my bike, it'll have to be a morning decision now:blast

I finally decided against bringing the van and ZZR600, and decided to come along on the GS.

So this afternoon, I give it a quick check over and scrape the bugs from the lights. Looking into the garage, my eyes fall on the white board I have with all the bike's details on. You know, tyre pressures, insurance and MOT dates etc.

The GS's MOT ran out a fortnight ago. It's now 16:20. I'm heading to Staffs in the morning at (maybe) 8am ish. Arse.

Quick ring round and a local bike MOT bloke says to bring it round. I think that's what he said because all I could hear was laughter.
Bike is finally MOT'd at 17:30. Phew. That was close. I really didn't want to bring the van and ZZR.

Get home, and wheel the GS into the garage. Look at the white board to see when the ZZR MOT is due.
1st June 2014.

Methinks you need to consult the white board more frequently.......:p

Best i get my arse in gear and pack some stuff,gridlocks, where did i leave that gs about a year ago???
Liz if im not back out of the garage in an hour call for an ambulance!

Hmmm, I'm not alone then...

GS booked for MoT tomorrow morning :augie

Plus... yesterday stabbed by ring finger with penknife, big bog off bandage on it and tonight clouted my ankle on a bloody great box, grrrr

Fingers crossed for the thunder and lightening to follow after me on the journey up rather than with me :)

I hit the finger I cut with a kitchen knife last night with a hammer today...must admit I did sob gently for a few minutes, but I seem to have frightened the finger enough for the cut to stop bleeding, so I can get my gloves on....

:friday

Lol, I'm leading a ride out and had to get a mate to take the bike yesterday to get an MOT, glad it's not just me then!

Final bike run through and Lampf light up on dash. I mean I don't mind but it's turned 10pm, hands like big hams and small clips don't mix. :eek:Much swearing cursing and a helping hand from my Carer small jewellers screwdriver to ping the spring then jobs a good un. All sorted. Panniers dusted off, Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. :rolleyes:

11am and just finished ... I hope, changed the front tyre and found the wheel bearings weren't perfect so went off to get some, that's done, swopped the rear wheel and all's well.

Few things to do then head off to Bill's for a beer or two:beerjug:

:bounce1:bounce1

ROADTRIP!!!

half an hour :steptoe :D

leaving at 12 ish subway for lunch on the way :D

Back
Top Bottom