Bikeconsole for iphone 5 - which mount?

JonL

Reaction score
Just done another flipflop and returned to a GS/GSA for the fourth time and I'm looking at ordering one of these:

http://www.ridermount.com/home/cate...-5/iphone-5-motorcycle-2/iphone-5-motorcycle/

but I'm not sure which mount to order (the one in the link or a RAM mount). Anyone know which will work best for a 2011 1200GSA? Will one of them fit on the thin bar in the cockpit (whatever it's called)?

Thanks,
Jon

I had the iPhone 4 bike mount which I never really got on with although it never failed. Eventually I broke through my own fault so I fitted a ram ball to the back of the case. It's now mounted centrally on a 3 inch arm from the handlebar and works a treat. I've now broken the case hinge so I'm planning on ordering the ram mount case to replace it.

I've been toying with the same question. Would be good to know which way you go. I recently done a trip to Scotland using my old car Garmin mounted on the screen brace. It worked a treat with no hint of getting we when on the move.

Mark

This is my set up. Does me .... (sat nav ... music ... )

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xSQY6Su5S0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi,
You could try the basic strap mount but for a more rugged solution you could use a RAM U-bolt mount RAM-B-309-7 and order the case with a RAM socket on the back. I have to say that the iPhone5 bikeconsole case is a big improvement on the iPhone4 version which was Tigras first attempt at a phone case. The iPhone5 one is totally immersible in water and everything is ruggedly made. You can even talk on the phone with it in the case and it now has fingerprint recognition for iPhone5S users.
Regards, Colin@ridermount.com

Just done another flipflop and returned to a GS/GSA for the fourth time and I'm looking at ordering one of these:

http://www.ridermount.com/home/cate...-5/iphone-5-motorcycle-2/iphone-5-motorcycle/

but I'm not sure which mount to order (the one in the link or a RAM mount). Anyone know which will work best for a 2011 1200GSA? Will one of them fit on the thin bar in the cockpit (whatever it's called)?

Thanks,
Jon

Giles,
I'm interested in what sat-nav mapping you are using with the iPhone? The phone would be a good measure for me, but wondered if any of the apps allow for route planning, or uploading of Garmin routes that some of my friends have on their dedicated Garmins. Any comments appreciated.
Cheers

Honestly ! Don't bother .

Its a ridiculous way of destroying your phone or having an expensive crash.
Prices of purpose designed GPS have reduced so much its not necessary to faff about with your phone , chargers and waterproof cases.
Just but a Garmin 590, 390, tom tom rider . Plenty of secondhand ones available on eBay £200 ish .

Giles,
I'm interested in what sat-nav mapping you are using with the iPhone? The phone would be a good measure for me, but wondered if any of the apps allow for route planning, or uploading of Garmin routes that some of my friends have on their dedicated Garmins. Any comments appreciated.
Cheers

One of my mates uses Co-Pilot on his iPhone 6. All around France and Spain without any problems. I know he has waypoints but he's not tried route planning on it

Thanks,
Jon

I did have a ram mount on the thin cross bar of my GSA. The bar clamps are too big but I cut up an old inner tube and wrapped that around the bar first. If done well it can look neat and tidy with the benefit of reducing vibration/shake.

Honestly ! Don't bother .

Its a ridiculous way of destroying your phone or having an expensive crash.
Prices of purpose designed GPS have reduced so much its not necessary to faff about with your phone , chargers and waterproof cases.
Just but a Garmin 590, 390, tom tom rider . Plenty of secondhand ones available on eBay £200 ish .

Whilst I agree that prices have fallen I don't see how using your phone in this way is rediculious or going to make you crash. It's over 4 years since I started using this system. My phone, which I'm using just now, still works and I've not had any crashes or near misses which could be attributed in whole or part to its use or fitment.

Back
Top Bottom