Dent 2015

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
You have the collective brains and organisational prowess of JohnnyBoxer and Micky bringing to you good folk Dent 2015

Friday 29th May, Saturday 30th May and Sunday 31st May 2015 at Dent in errr mmm Yorkshire ... but it is disputed territory :eek:

High Laning Camp Site

A great farm run camp site, flat and level, set in beautiful Dentdale, one of the quieter of the Dales, perhaps the Eighth Wonder of the World ;)

N54.16.738 W002.27.445
Motorhome £12.00
Tent £9.00
Hook up £3.00
Dogs £1.00

200 yards away we have the Sun Inn
Good food, local beer, great atmosphere. Limited rooms, two out of three gone :D

The George and Dragon

Ten assorted room. A little more 'upmarket' than the locals much used Sun Inn, but never the less a cosy pub with good B & B and evening meals :thumb
Wide screen TV just in case ...

There will be ride outs Saturday and Sunday, for those that want to book and stay the Sunday night, one or two of us will be staying over :D

Polo shirts and decals ... to show everyone else where you've been :eek:

There are many bed and breakfast places in the area ... just three here to be going on with ...

http://www.dentdale.com/accommodation.htm

http://www.theoldcraftbarn.co.uk/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism...Vacations.html

More anon, but there you have it folks ...

Book yourselves in to a hotel or bed and breakfast, grab a camp site pitch via me here on this thread, I'll keep the numbers and arrange with High Laning :thumb

Come and enjoy Yorkshire at its best ... Gods own country :thumby:

JB and Micky

:beerjug:

6.jpg

3.jpg

More photographs of Dent ...

L1189807-L.jpg

L1189805-L.jpg

L1189832-L.jpg

P1190194-L.jpg

DSCF0922-XL.jpg

L1189806-L.jpg

L1189804-XL.jpg

The nearby Ribble Head Railway viaduct ...

L1000625-L.jpg

Motorhome pitch plz :aidan

(with hook up, as I'm a southerner )

So folks, here it is.....................a veritable feast of GS'ing, in God's Country.... with road rides/bimble rides and more than likely some offroad trailriding all within the Yorkshire Dales National Park

Dentdale is one the National Park's 25 or so Dales and easily accessible from North/South/East and West and is about 25 miles northwest of Skipton, for reference

It's been a while since UKGSER has been to the Dales, maybe 2007 ish and 2002 before that IIRC

Dent 2015 will serve you well and you can come for as many days as you like, obviously there will be the usual Fri and Sat 2night format, with Saturday rides - but we will also be staying on Sunday night, so there will be a selection of different Sunday rides too and therefore we will make it a genuine 3 nighter, for anybody wanting to make it a mini-break

Here's the view from your tent, up the Dale

Attachments

• Ireland 2014 001.jpg
    Ireland 2014 001.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3,143
Oh nicely done chaps.....:clap, I'm in.....:D

I'll stick the dates in the diary now :D and will confirm accommodation nearer the time.....:D

May head up for a longer biking mini break.....

Can you put me down for a camper van pitch please, no hook up:thumb2

I'll note the camping, tents, pitches, motor home pitches as we go along, so don't worry if you don't get a personal message saying you're in :eek:

If you say you're in you're in .... that's how we work here in Yorkshire :thumb

Looking forward to this ;)

Stone Close used to be the Post Office and general store (Kendal Mint Cake and Dandelion and Burdock). The school I went to (with Tom and Austin Vince) owned the building opposite. I spent many weeks there walking and pre-season rugby training. Happy days and a wonderful part of the country. I'll try and make this just to relive my (distant) youth.

Ahhhhh C'mon ....

How can I turn it down,

I'll book the leave tomorrow.

And you'd better buy me a bloody Pint Wheeler .... :D

Ahhhhh C'mon ....

How can I turn it down,

I'll book the leave tomorrow.

And you'd better buy me a bloody Pint Wheeler .... :D

For you son, and only you, I'll buy you lotsa bier :D

Fuck me, what have I just said :blast

Is Susan coming ..... :drool