Any cyclists? - UKGSer now on Strava

I won't be posting on strava for a while, my cycle computer of choice (iPhone) jumped out of its holder when out on the bike and got run over, and I am waiting until it annoys my wife that she can't contact me at anytime enough that she buys me the next one, meanwhile I am enjoying being without!

I won't be posting on strava for a while, my cycle computer of choice (iPhone) jumped out of its holder when out on the bike and got run over, and I am waiting until it annoys my wife that she can't contact me at anytime enough that she buys me the next one, meanwhile I am enjoying being without!

A Garmin edge 200 is well cheap and will give you better info at a fraction do the cost. Keep phones for pockets!

A Garmin edge 200 is well cheap and will give you better info at a fraction do the cost. Keep phones for pockets!

Well the edge 200 that I have is shit, and I would have to buy a computer to upload from it, which the phone does much easier, so I am using it but not up loading to strava!

You don't own a PC?

Well then a 510 will do the trick. Then sync from Garmin to Strava.

Bloody hell Trevor, have a day off, your making the rest of us look bad!:D
I'm in second but that's probably it for this week so I'm sure I'll be overtaken!

ok. iv'e signed up even though i don't get out much on the bike but the Mrs. is getting into the cycling thing so she may be dragging me out more. we'll see :)

Bloody hell Trevor, have a day off, your making the rest of us look bad!:D
I'm in second but that's probably it for this week so I'm sure I'll be overtaken!

Today was my day off so get crackin lads!

You've been going well Trevor.

I've started riding again after having to take last week off (other than a couple of light turbo sessions) because of hurting my back.
This week I'm in France and I seem to be getting in more altitude than distance :D
The weather here yesterday was perfect, around 80℉.

I see there are now 23 of us... don't know if many more will sign up?

You don't own a PC?

Well then a 510 will do the trick. Then sync from Garmin to Strava.

As I needed a phone I bought another iPhone 4s for £80, cheaper than a garmin, so back on strava, phone mount has a safety elastic band, no expense spared, I need to get an armband mount though, as I have 3 bikes and the mount only fits one of them! :beerjug:

I need to get an armband mount though, as I have 3 bikes and the mount only fits one of them! :beerjug:

I've got one I used for my old iPhone 4 sitting around doing nothing as the 5S doesn't fit, PM your address & I'll stick it in the post :thumb2

Received :) I'll post it this weekend.

When you get it, just stick a donation in to Cancer Research in memory of MikeP, seems kinda suitable :thumb

Just a bump for any potential Strava users.... 25 of us to date and Trevor seems to be taking all of us to the cleaners on weekly mileage. :thumb2

I've not ridden for about a month now due to illness, plus, through the winter I'll do more on the indoor rollers and gym so mileage will go right down. Not that I could get close to Trevor though....

I had a good three weeks in France and got in quite a lot of climbing, then hurt my back and haven't ridden for a couple of weeks. Started back on the turbo this week and managed a couple of short road rides.... back starting to feel better fortunately... I was going stir crazy.

Spend most of my time in Delamere Forest, so mileage is never going to figure! We go out for a couple of hours on a Thursday night to work up a thirst. :D
Mark

Spend most of my time in Delamere Forest, so mileage is never going to figure! We go out for a couple of hours on a Thursday night to work up a thirst. :D
Mark

I don't see this as a competition tbh Mark... it's just interesting to see what rides others here are doing. You're right in saying that mountain bike rides are never going to cover road bike type mileage but that's not really the point. It's just a shame we can't really see the terrain others are riding other than getting a feel by looking at the elevation profile.

I've been watching videos of Jens Voight, trying to figure out why he's so much faster than I am, and I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. It's all about aerodynamics. :deal

So here's my computer analysis of Voigt's time trial position compared to mine (below). No question about it; if I could fold myself up like a paper clip, I'd be just as fast. :rolleyes:

voigt-XL.jpg

SC-9-XL.jpg

Just joined but i'm mainly shortish mtb runs, so slow speeds too. Do a bit of road stuff but much prefer off road.

Back
Top Bottom