New Shaftdrive

Sylvester

Reaction score
I've decided to change the shart drive on my wobble box GS. One of the bearings has gone a bit stiff but I can't find any play. I checked out everything else out at the W/E looking for the source of the noise I asked for advice on earlier. I have no idea how long the shaft has been on the bike, but I do know the previous owner refurbed the bearings himself. So has anyone bought a new or exchange shft one one of the companies in the EU? Boxer supplies have a shaft with grease points fitted, sounds like a good idea but has anyone tried one? With the € to £ rate the way it is plus the P&P makes sence to try to get one local. If I can't find a recommended place then I'll have to stump up the readies and get one from the UK.

Cheers Sylvester

I read somewhere that the ones with grease nipples are made from car steering columns and aren't really up to transmitting drive. I have no idea whether that's actually true or not - but I guess I've just perpetuated the myth if it isn't! Someone here will know for sure...

I think if I were going to replace my paralever driveshaft (I've had mine rebuilt recently through having the start of a little bit of play) I would go for what is the
Mk2 version of the Emerald Island rebuildable driveshaft from the likes of Motorworks/Motoren Israel etc dependent on who was the most cost effective.

The Mk2 version now seems to have quite a good reputation!

In Oz the Mk 1 shafts with the piss weak UJs were replaced free of charge with Mk2 s, but I dont think Motorworks is offering the same service - maybe he is still selling the last of his stock of Mk1 s, so probably best to get something in writing regarding warranty and replacement before you buy, anywhere.

Replaced mine today with an Emerald Island unit, nicely made :thumb The PO had the original shaft refurbed twice by a tail shaft mob, after 10,000 kms the unis were on the way out. Did a fair bit of reading and decided the EI unit was best option.

Referred back to Airheads for gaiter fitting and rear drive fitting got good info which made the job easier - thanks for the collective knowledge :clap

In a classic piece of side tracking installing a new driveshaft also involved removal of the Staintune exhaust system which then got cleaned and polished on the buffing wheel - times flies.........:D

Just waiting on a Motobins order then a bit of set up time and she's good to go. I think I'm going fit Dunlop D606 knobbies for start:augie

Replaced mine today with an Emerald Island unit, nicely made :thumb The PO had the original shaft refurbed twice by a tail shaft mob, after 10,000 kms the unis were on the way out. Did a fair bit of reading and decided the EI unit was best option.

Referred back to Airheads for gaiter fitting and rear drive fitting got good info which made the job easier - thanks for the collective knowledge :clap

In a classic piece of side tracking installing a new driveshaft also involved removal of the Staintune exhaust system which then got cleaned and polished on the buffing wheel - times flies.........:D

Just waiting on a Motobins order then a bit of set up time and she's good to go. I think I'm going fit Dunlop D606 knobbies for start:augie
Hello friend,

How are you satisfied with your Ei driveshaft?
How many miles you make with that rebuildable driveshaft?

Can you share more details please?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom