Rupse Waterproof Portable Universal Motorcycle 3.5" SatNav

They used to be sold under a different name, I used one with OS mapping but found it fairly difficult to read quickly, others swear by them for the price.

Update;

I went ahead and bought it last winter. Did trips all over the UK and Slovenia and back.
Went through a couple of monsoons and it didn't break. There's no instruction book, it leads you through it on the screen.
I don't do way points etc. and not sure if it can do them.
I use satnavs in a basic way in conjunction with maps and just punch in where I want to go day by day, as opposed to the entire route in one go.
There's more advanced settings on it but I just kept it on the user friendly basic one.

For the price it's a good bit of kit and got me where I wanted to go with no issues. I can recommend it.

+ 1
I have also had one for around 6 months. It came with outdated maps, but an email to rupse resulted in link to DL Igo 2.4 Q4 2014 full europe mapping which works very well. Huge range of POI,s , 3D display and various map log options .
Shows road speed limits and radars.
Routes can be plotted in tyre or similar and loaded as a KMZ file , the Bluetooth paired with my headset fine , it Is waterproof ( so far anyway ) and has a full look up of UK postcodes . Touch screen is fine with gloves .
Only fault is that it is a bit hard to see the screen in bright sunlight , but with a bluetooth headset thats not a real problem.

Cant fault it for the price .

I have one, I have TomTom and the 1:50,000 OS maps on it.
It saved me on my trip last year TomTom Western Europe maps don't have Germany, Austria or Switzerland on them. The IGO8 maps that came with the Rupse do, and I reckon they are as good, if not better than TomTom.
The only bad thing about them is that you need to pair them with your headset everytime you turn them on, the pairing gets lost.

User manual here.

The mount isn't up to much but it works. I bought a RAM mount that screws onto the bar clamp replacing one of the bolts and a RAM mount that replaces the original one on the back of it from Telferizer.

I've since bought a 660LM but I'm keeping both, mainly because of the OS maps I have on the Rupse.

The next model up may have rectified that. I used one of the cheap "BT Interphone" headsets. The later Rupse with the larger screen run a different OS so I'm told. Windows something or other.

How does one update the maps?

It runs windows CE , Maps are updated by usb just depends on what mapping you already have. I just "Find on the net " the whole lot for IGO2.4 which includes all the poi's maps, voices, radars etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom