Everything is fine

generalconfusion

Reaction score
I know we have a lot of threads on here about people's problems with their bikes and to be honest it makes informative but depressing reading , so to lighten the mood I though I would start a thread about not having problems and the mileage you have ridden trouble free....here's mine
2012 1200 GS now on 17000 miles
After my rear oil seal leak episode , 6000 miles with no problems at all

L
I know we have a lot of threads on here about people's problems with their bikes and to be honest it makes informative but depressing reading , so to lighten the mood I though I would start a thread about not having problems and the mileage you have ridden trouble free....here's mine
2012 1200 GS now on 17000 miles
After my rear oil seal leak episode , 6000 miles with no problems at all

So you did have a problem then ? :nenau

Yes I did and I was honest enough to admit it , I had it as soon as I bought the bike at 11000 miles but as I said 6000 miles now with no problems

Yes I did and I was honest enough to admit it , I had it as soon as I bought the bike at 11000 miles but as I said 6000 miles now with no problems

I guess you don't work for the BMW marketing department then? :beerjug:

Generalconfusion's a newbie :confused: :comfort only 6000 miles trouble free :augie that's a few weeks riding for many on here !

I'd say the huge majority of 1200's happily spend there life virtually trouble free. You just rarely here from the owners of these bikes.

If they were as troublesome as some suggest, they would never have sold so many of the bikes.

Mine has 50K miles but apart from the frame corrosion knackered final drive shaft and FD bearings not forgetting failed coils it's been ok.
My 97 Yamaha 900 was more reliable but I still prefer the GSA

Praise for the 1200GS

Did 31000 trouble free miles on my old 2009 GSA....they aint all bad....

I actually find this more depressing.

You are happy and relieved that you have managed to do 6000 miles without an issue - that in itself is quite concerning.

If you had said 50,000 miles with no issues that would be something to shout about but 6000 miles

I actually find this more depressing.

You are happy and relieved that you have managed to do 6000 miles without an issue - that in itself is quite concerning.

If you had said 50,000 miles with no issues that would be something to shout about but 6000 miles

No , you are missing the point , I would expect this bike to do 50,000 miles without any thing major, my point is I want the higher mileage riders to post what issues they have had , if any, to give us lower mileage riders an indication of how good the bikes can be.
I have only had my bike 7 months and I think 6000 miles is not bad in that time considering my main vehicle , a mercedes sprinter has clocked 12,000 in that time as well

Why not just search about if there is a specific issue you need to know about,its a waste of time people re-commenting upon previous things ? any vehicle can experience problems at any mileage new or 100,000 etc :blast

My 2011 gsa had the rear shock replaced after it began to lose damping at 700 miles (I then replaced both shocks with aftermarket ), after 3 years and 15,000 miles there have been no failures , no corrosion , no issues whatsoever. The finish is superb the bike looks like new and is a pleasure to ride with its fantastic handling and superb gearbox.

NOW MY BRAND NEW GSA LC .... that is a totally different story

Back
Top Bottom