Morocco HUMM May 2015

OK, when I'm down near Gib I'll let you know what time ferry we catching and an estimated time of arrival at Derdara.

Are you travelling solo?

Sounds good fella. Was in Gib last night for the first time, cracking little town :thumby
Paced it down Spain, though managed a couple of decent trails and some twisties to relieve the autovia monotony. Arrived in Chaouen late avo today, bloody hot for May but good to be back.

Awaiting your ETA in Derdera, will have to get in touch with Pete et al to sort a rendezvous in Ifrane...
Attention on the road from Tetouan up, some road maintenance going on and the inevitable gravel spilt all over road surface :O

Last edited:
Dubby, we plan to get the 8 o clock ferry from algeciras to tangier med, so we should be at derdara between11 or 12, the only landmark I can make out is where the n13 meets the n2 so can we meet you at this round about? Because we won't get to you until late in the day it may be a push to get to ifrane for that night.

let me know what you think otherwise we will take another route and meet you at ifrane.

Pikes, we can meet in Ifrane for a cold one if that's better for you? I am also beginning to question my plan of waiting roadside in the midday sun - it's roasting out here!
Moroccan mobile no +212 658-046982

Yes I think meeting in ifrane would probably be best taking into account the timings, we can do some exploring on the saturday. See you up at ifrane, I plan to meet up with the boys tomorrow evening for a few stories and a few beers. Today we have taken a day off and chilled by the pool.............pure luxury!!

Yes I think meeting in ifrane would probably be best taking into account the timings, we can do some exploring on the saturday. See you up at ifrane, I plan to meet up with the boys tomorrow evening for a few stories and a few beers. Today we have taken a day off and chilled by the pool.............pure luxury!!

Where were you Pikey?! We're in the Grand Hotel (its not!), but headed for an early night as its been a long and emotional day. We'll be heading out at 0800 tomorrow and not back til about 6pm - it'd be great to see you when we finish - although we have the 'award dinner' from about 7.30pm.
Bazzer

Pikey, heard you were feeling a bit rough and heading north. We are now setting off for Merzouga but not sure how far we will get today. Give us a shout if you follow us down or if you head north, safe trip, see you when we get back.

I'm hoping Dubster has also made it to Marrakech? I'm heading to the Queen Atlantic for some (British?) food and well deserved beer! Hope to hook up with Pete and Neavey in Casablanca tomorrow!

Good riding with you Pete, Mark, Neavey.. Enjoyed the interesting bits too! :beerjug

Will post some pics once I get a good connection

Bon Safari :thumby

Yep who'd have thought you had 2 friends and that we would bump in to them after an epic traverse of the High Atlas into Marrakech! And Paul (?) said you'd pay me back for the map of Morocco!

Hes been my personal trainer since my second trip to Maroc in 2004, amazing small world, took him on 3 months before I left and have kept him since.

Back
Top Bottom