quick release fuel line connectors

I want to order some QR connectors for my new to me 1150 before I give her a going over this weekend but am away from home at the mo (so sorry for the stoopid question)............ Do I need to order two?

Andres

Yep, you want two of the male parts at the minimum as they are the weak link, a pair of the female too only if you're feeling flush :thumb2

Yep, you want two of the male parts at the minimum as they are the weak link, a pair of the female too only if you're feeling flush :thumb2

They aren't cheap are they but reckon I'll go for the E60 one's shown earlier in the thread....

Andres

That’s the boys wor kid no rubber O rings only thing easy come off but clicking back together find it difficult 👍

I'd just stick with the OEM connectors (the metal male is now standard). They're perfectly fine... especially at the cost of the alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't think it's anything to do with the miles,more like age.
My 850 had only done 21k. 2004 vintage. I think that the male connection goes brittle,and when you disturb them that's when they fail.
Personally I would change the male side for the metal ones now in the comfort of your garage. And while you at it check the fuel filter.

Cheers I'll get on it asap.

you have all scared me, ordered 2 from Bahnstormer today. £54 posted. Better than standing at the side of the road.
Honestly. You did the right thing . It's just bloody waiting to happen. Get it off your list!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Anyone got any old plastic ones they don't want? I'll have them for my Long Range ugly nail, 'cos I is skint and can't afford new metal ones! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom