hp2 enduro side stand switch

GSEddie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
could anyone tell me if the HP2 side stand switch is the same as a 1200gs switch... mine got wet and started to make the bike cut out.
Or would it be wise to remove it all together?

Cheers
Eddie

You can if you're careful, take the switch apart and fill it with a waterproof grease. I did the same with mine using a grease that allows the electrical connections to continue to work. Never been a problem since, although the bike will only start in neutral now, but I carry a plug that can short out the switch to fool the ECU that the stand is up, for emergencies.

Thanks Guys
did some more googling and it seems to fail a lot so I think I will go the removal way get rid of it

Cheers
Eddie

sidestand switch

This was one of the first unnecessary things removed from my bike. If I remember it's brown to white. Get rid of it and don't look back. If you don't have the upgraded side stand bracket it will gut that switch. Richard.

one my one, I removed the sensor from the side stand. Gave it all a good clean up and then locked it in position with a bolt through the location hole.

finally secured the lot back to the frame so it out the way, never had a problem with it.

if the original (aluminium) support of the side stand is bended, the switch begins to be in troubles.

I replaced the support with the iron one and had to put a new switch too.
Since, no problems

if the original (aluminium) support of the side stand is bended, the switch begins to be in troubles.

I replaced the support with the iron one and had to put a new switch too.
Since, no problems

Woody's Wheel Works does an excellent billet aluminium replacement support.

Woody's Wheel Works does an excellent billet aluminium replacement support.

I looked at this a couple of years ago, I went with the BMW upgraded steel option which was a lot cheaper in the UK than Woody's replacement part, albeit the BMW part is not as nice looking.

Thanks for the replies I have ditched the side stand switch and have found a bmw steel support
Not as nice as the Ali one but stronger
Cheers
Eddie

Thanks for the replies I have ditched the side stand switch and have found a bmw steel support
Not as nice as the Ali one but stronger
Cheers
Eddie

I believe it is the same.
However, when a new steel one is fitted this does improve the lean angle of the bike. In other words it's more upright ( vertical ).
I changed for this reason on my HP2.
I hope this helps.
Incidentally , I've had a few GS s ( oil , air , water ) and had no switches go on these.
Maybe I should get off road more?:blast

Back
Top Bottom