Here it is the XR1200X

Made me chuckle them colours, I like this, and brand new 491 kms, you get fedup looking at the orange, just turn the bike round.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=f4caa4ae-aa89-4869-a6fd-eb07878904f5

One thing I've always disliked about them is the huge engine case on the r/h side, that and the rather ungainly pipes around it just serve to accentuate it. It looks shit in my opinion, so I like the way the case has been broken up by the grey/black paint. It makes a big difference IMHO..

Other than that though, the paint job is a bit naff (I think it's the race number on the tail that ruins it) although the colour looks good on it.

I don't think you can beat the standard orange/black paint job, at least it's a nod to the original flat track bikes. As for the Kinevil 'stars' paint job, sorry but that's just comedy gold :D

Andres

One thing I've always disliked about them is the huge engine case on the r/h side, that and the rather ungainly pipes around it just serve to accentuate it. It looks shit in my opinion, so I like the way the case has been broken up by the grey/black paint. It makes a big difference IMHO..

Other than that though, the paint job is a bit naff (I think it's the race number on the tail that ruins it) although the colour looks good on it.

I don't think you can beat the standard orange/black paint job, at least it's a nod to the original flat track bikes. As for the Kinevil 'stars' paint job, sorry but that's just comedy gold :D

Andres

So that is that then..........:hippy

My findings of living with one for 4 years.........

Like most Harley’s it will be great when it’s finished.
Even the X version rear suspension is rubbish, the forks can be stripped and rebuilt which makes them bearable.
Despite being a Sportster it is not a sports bike, you need longer rear shocks to get sufficient ground clearance to get anywhere near wearing off the outside chicken strips.
The std pillion seat isn’t (this can be fixed buying the Corbin seat).
The exhausts do look odd but you get used to them the V&H system gives you a bit more ground clearance.
The fuel tank is hideously small.
It’s a Harley so everyone wants to talk to you whenever you pull up.
When you finally have one set up how you like it, every time you ride it you finish with a smile on your face.
It is (providing you have decent tools) a pleasure to work on.
The soundtrack is awesome.
It will make you glad you owned one.

Try as I might I just could not bond with it. I really really wanted to like it but in the end it just did not float my boat. Burpster has summed it up and I would just add that in the Summer the header pipes pumped out an outrageous amount of heat and it felt like your leg was roasting. In the end I p/exed it for my Kawasaki Z1000SX in Sept 2017, in some ways I was sad to see it go as it was a head turner but there has to be more to it than that. At least I have tried HD ownership and can honestly say it didn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom