RDGA Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazza, don't suppose you found a spare copy did you? Off in June but just beginning to tidy everything up planning wise...
Did you get the map? Is it what you were looking for?
Hope it helps you plan your route,

Got it fine thanks Gazza. It's exactly what I was looking for so thanks a lot.

Just hoping all the passes open in time as we are off on June 13th ��

Got it fine thanks Gazza. It's exactly what I was looking for so thanks a lot.

Just hoping all the passes open in time as we are off on June 13th í*½í¸

Where did you get the map from in the end?

Good luck with the weather we are off to Austria June 20th!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If on the route pop into any tourist info office, we picked up a free map of the Rgda which was fine but got ruined in a deluge.:rolleyes:

Linky below for a picture and map number, mine was from France ordered online. Ended up using my Michelin Moto map as more manageable. Mr wapping recommend I believe.
Could sell you mine but I likes maps too much. :D

http://www.grandes-alpes.artimix.net/conseil-route-des-grandes-alpes.htm

Ta,that's what I'm looking for.Now that Jumpjim has jumped in and sorted himself out, does anybody know where actually sells this map online as a search has drawn a blank and ,as the OP of this thread, I'm still trying to find a bloody map !

Ta,that's what I'm looking for.Now that Jumpjim has jumped in and sorted himself out, does anybody know where actually sells this map online as a search has drawn a blank and ,as the OP of this thread, I'm still trying to find a bloody map !

Good question, I want to know as well, found it listed on Amazon but it said not available??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you get the map from in the end?

It reads a bit like Jim got his map from Gazza... But forgot to say, "Thank you". But I could be wrong.

It looks like the map is now out of print.

It's time to get all Blue Peter. Print one of the many on-line versions, add a couple of pictures and cover the lot with see thru' sticky back plastic.

I am still waiting for Google Maps to route over the passes, a problem not encountered with the paper versions.

It reads a bit like Jim got his map from Gazza... But forgot to say, "Thank you". But I could be wrong.

It looks like the map is now out of print.

It's time to get all Blue Peter. Print one of the many on-line versions, add a couple of pictures and cover the lot with see thru' sticky back plastic.

Am I married to you lot or something? I've said thanks a few times via email Mr Wapping but as you're not privy to my PMs you wouldn't be aware of that now would you...:rolleyes:

And I'm on the trip with Mr Arsey who made the beginners error of leaving his with his ex-wife:blast Anyway I do virtually all the planning on our trips so don't know what Captain Grumpy is whinging about....:D

I am still waiting for Google Maps to route over the passes, a problem not encountered with the paper versions.

I asked Motogoloco about this as I couldn't get it to plan us over the Col de la Bonnette. Apparently Google maps runs seasonal closures on roads but won't allow you to change the effective date. However if you put some vias along the pass then when you transfer the via points to your satnav it calculates correctly.

I have "acquired" a GPX file, 682kb and a KML of the route if you want it.
Thonon-les-Bains (Lac Leman) to Menton, 684kms.

Wapping,you recommended a michelin moto map of the Alpes etc , that was more handy than the ign one, smaller and easier to acess . Having had a clear out when decorating map put away safe. Just have to find safe :D
Will have another look later.

The R de GA is simple to ride, in either direction.

Just print out one of the umpteen free maps and / or follow the signs all the way.

Or, in the case of Arsey, follow in Jim's dust... :D

The R de GA is simple to ride, in either direction.

Just print out one of the umpteen free maps and / or follow the signs all the way.

Or, in the case of Arsey, follow in Jim's dust... :D

Yes I have ridden the RDGA before and it was my idea to go again with various pilot retards and others.But last time it was nice to peruse the map each day as well as just ride the route.
But I guess there is no need as Jumpinjim has planned the route to the Nth degree and has even done a Google overfly in real time.Probably not even worth him going now.He could just sit in the garage with his laptop and the bike ticking over,then nip inside and down a bottle of red each day for a week.

laughing-smiley-001.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom