RDGA Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm on the trip with Mr Arsey who made the beginners error of leaving his with his ex-wife:blast

Not so Jumpy,I've just been to my lock up and amongst a pile of shite I found this little beauty !!!

And as I'm nice,I've just scanned it in to my laptop so can email the 6 pdfs to anybody should they want copies.

Here are the screenshots to give you an idea but the pdfs will be much better quality and give more detail :

Emailing you but big files and my wifi is shite.

Is there a way to attcah files to a post on the forum ?

I'm sure there used to be as I'm sure I attached some gpx files years ago ?

Don't know the answer to that, hopefully someone will come up with a suggestion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know the answer to that, hopefully someone will come up with a suggestion!

Upload the PDF to Dropbox and paste the Public Dropbox link here. Job done.

Other than that, for other attachments use the paper clip button.

Job done :thumb2

Thank you for taking the time to do that, Arsey. The PDF's download well, so I took the opportunity to add them to my iPad, along with loads of others.

As far as I can see, the map is out of print. IGN used to do a number of these specific regional maps, which were quite fun. Have a look in dusty French paper shops and secondhand book sellers and you might get lucky. There are other maps of course and the route itself is quite easy to follow once you are on it.

It reads a bit like Jim got his map from Gazza... But forgot to say, "Thank you". But I could be wrong.

It looks like the map is now out of print.

It's time to get all Blue Peter. Print one of the many on-line versions, add a couple of pictures and cover the lot with see thru' sticky back plastic.

Am I married to you lot or something? I've said thanks a few times via email Mr Wapping but as you're not privy to my PMs you wouldn't be aware of that now would you...:rolleyes:
Not entirely correct, you did say thank you before I sent it to you, much appreciated,
I only posted on here to ask if you'd received it because you didn't let me know that it had arrived which would have been nice.
Whilst you are over there if you call in any of the cafe's etc on route and they still have any copies it might be worth buying a couple as they appear to be hard to get hold of now.
Have a great trip guys, I might venture back down there myself again this summer.

Not entirely correct, you did say thank you before I sent it to you, much appreciated,
I only posted on here to ask if you'd received it because you didn't let me know that it had arrived which would have been nice.
Whilst you are over there if you call in any of the cafe's etc on route and they still have any copies it might be worth buying a couple as they appear to be hard to get hold of now.
Have a great trip guys, I might venture back down there myself again this summer.

Will do Gazza.Ta

I got bored so I've scanned and then stitched them all together to give you one complete JPEG for the whole route.

You should be able to see and download it HERE in my Dropbox.. Any problems and I'll reupload it.

Looks a bit like this...

It's a 23Mb download

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 16.24.13[May31].jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 16.24.13[May31].jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 306
Planned my routes on Mapsource now as Google Maps still wont route over most the passes along the way.

Crossings and some hotels also booked, can't wait to get back on RDGA.

Planned my routes on Mapsource now as Google Maps still wont route over most the passes along the way.

Crossings and some hotels also booked, can't wait to get back on RDGA.

Any RDGA hotel recommendations welcome once you've done your route!

Hope the weather is kind to you

Leaving on the 13th June for our jaunt so will report back on our bookings. Google maps wont route across the Col de la Bonette at the moment due seasonal closures, but if you put a via point either side of it, and one in the middle your Garmin will route across it just fine when it calculates the route. Just looks a bit odd on Motogoloco.

Thanks for this Arsey :thumb

We're doing the RDGA this September and this is perfect :)

Also consider this map.

Michelin Carte d' Europe avec tous les itineraires des Alpes a moto. All of route des grandes Alpes and many more. Seen on Amazon.
New version out too. My preferred map as folds real small. An earlier Wapping recommend .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom