RDGA Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any RDGA hotel recommendations welcome once you've done your route!

We are not going until late August so if your thinking of following my reports your probably out of luck.

I can tell you that booking.com is by far the best big site for this route, hotels.com had very little (and what they had popped up on booking.com anyway)

We may just grab a few places as we ride along, so often we have passed places that looked fantastic but have been unable to stop as we have a booking for that night, normally at the tops of passes.

Also like the flexibility of not finalising the days mileage / route until I have a good idea of the weather, these days you can just use the internet at your hotel in the morning to book for that night, or even wait until you feel you want to stop soon and fire up a booking app and choose something nearby instead of the old fashioned way of driving around a town asking at various hotels.

Also consider this map.

Michelin Carte d' Europe avec tous les itineraires des Alpes a moto. All of route des grandes Alpes and many more. Seen on Amazon.
New version out too. My preferred map as folds real small. An earlier Wapping recommend .

Good call - just bought a copy :thumb

Also consider this map.

Michelin Carte d' Europe avec tous les itineraires des Alpes a moto. All of route des grandes Alpes and many more. Seen on Amazon.
New version out too. My preferred map as folds real small. An earlier Wapping recommend .

Mine arrived this weekend - an excellent map and the roadbook is good too (giving my rusty French a workout :) )

Mine arrived this weekend - an excellent map and the roadbook is good too (giving my rusty French a workout :) )

Just got a copy - very good, a pity they do not do an English version as the routes look good for anyone planning to go that way and not wanting to decipher Hermanns wittering's and poor quality maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom