JB's Tour of t'Dales

Been out for a quick recce, this morning and altered the route a bit, checked timings etc

Ribblehead and Pen Y Gent, were a bit cloudy - but Park Rash @ 1510 ft is now included, Giles will love it:augie

Start time on Sat and Sunday is 9.30am

Blindbeck Cafe for morning coffee at 11ish http://www.blindbeck.co.uk/

Berry's Farm tea room for lunch at 1.15-1.30pm http://www.berrysfarmshop.com/

Then the afternoon session:green gri

Attachments

• P1000398.jpg
    P1000398.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 122
  • P1000400.jpg
    P1000400.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 115
  • P1000401.jpg
    P1000401.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 115
Wot! No snow? Great photos, especially the third one. Looking forward to it. :thumb

Been out for a quick recce, this morning and altered the route a bit, checked timings etc

Ribblehead and Pen Y Gent, were a bit cloudy - but Park Rash @ 1510 ft is now included, Giles will love it:augie

Start time on Sat and Sunday is 9.30am

Then the afternoon session:green gri

:D

Is this ride out planned to be a rapid ride through the countryside keeping strict watch on the road concentrating on the riding and nothing else or is it planned to be a moderate pace allowing one to take in the views you are taking us to see JB? It does seem to be shaping up to be the former. I like to know these things beforehand so i know what to expect :D

Hey .... I'm only mucking about! A bimble taking in the scenery and a good lunch spot is fine by me .... :thumb2

well, i'm only bringing a bimble capable bike and giles appears to driving into a wall.

Is this ride out planned to be a rapid ride through the countryside keeping strict watch on the road concentrating on the riding and nothing else or is it planned to be a moderate pace allowing one to take in the views you are taking us to see JB? It does seem to be shaping up to be the former. I like to know these things beforehand so i know what to expect :D

Fear not, we will be riding as fast as the slowest man, if that makes sense :augie

We will be stopping at various points on the route to take pics, take in the view and kick the grass

Lunch and coffee stops (one morning and one afternoon), will be relaxed - however at morning coffee we can't linger too long as it's 40 miles to the lunch stop and took me 1.5 hours, this morning, as the roads are quite challenging in the twisty sense of the word, so speeds were down - but the bike was still airborne on some bits (nod to Giles)

On the B roads from Newby Head Pass to Horton etc, I shall be travelling at 60mph as the speed camera vans regularly operate on this stretch, but it's only about 8-10 miles and is still fun at 60 as it's a bit like a rollercoaster of a road

I shall be employing the 'drop-off' system and will explain how it works beforehand, in the start carpark

The 'drop off system' works well because then everybody gets their 'own' ride at the their pace, following riders can overtake if safe circumstances allow, however with the absence of wider open roads, there won't be too much of that

For the chaps that want to have a play (Giles/Wreford and anyone else) I shall pull over at the start of a particular route that is 'safe' to do it (little traffic/absence of speed camera vans etc), instruct those wishing to have a play, how long the stretch in particular is, any hazards and a forward stopping RV point, where the rest of us will regroup and I shall carry on at the front and these routes will be the ones similar to the ones in today's pics and go 'over the tops' on single track roads

I have no doubt, everyone will enjoy it :thumby:

EVERY THURSDAY – PENSIONER SPECIAL!! have you organised a deal for a Saturday?

The drop off system ..... Oh Gawd .... :D

Fear not, we will be riding as fast as the slowest man, if that makes sense :augie

We will be stopping at various points on the route to take pics, take in the view and kick the grass

Lunch and coffee stops (one morning and one afternoon), will be relaxed - however at morning coffee we can't linger too long as it's 40 miles to the lunch stop and took me 1.5 hours, this morning, as the roads are quite challenging in the twisty sense of the word, so speeds were down - but the bike was still airborne on some bits (nod to Giles)

On the B roads from Newby Head Pass to Horton etc, I shall be travelling at 60mph as the speed camera vans regularly operate on this stretch, but it's only about 8-10 miles and is still fun at 60 as it's a bit like a rollercoaster of a road

I shall be employing the 'drop-off' system and will explain how it works beforehand, in the start carpark

The 'drop off system' works well because then everybody gets their 'own' ride at the their pace, following riders can overtake if safe circumstances allow, however with the absence of wider open roads, there won't be too much of that

For the chaps that want to have a play (Giles/Wreford and anyone else) I shall pull over at the start of a particular route that is 'safe' to do it (little traffic/absence of speed camera vans etc), instruct those wishing to have a play, how long the stretch in particular is, any hazards and a forward stopping RV point, where the rest of us will regroup and I shall carry on at the front and these routes will be the ones similar to the ones in today's pics and go 'over the tops' on single track roads

I have no doubt, everyone will enjoy it :thumby:

Sounds good JB. I have used the drop off system on Dr. Alf's sprited ride outs so i am ok. with that.
Look forward to it. :thumb2

EVERY THURSDAY – PENSIONER SPECIAL!! have you organised a deal for a Saturday?

What? :nenau

:D

Cato is all repaired and is looking beautiful ..... :ymca

The drop off system ..... Oh Gawd .... :D

Sorry, but with a group of 10+ with mixed abilities etc I find it better than any other system - you'll be told to clear off over the tops anyway and meet us 10 miles further on:p

:D Only kidding JB, it's logical and keeps every body on the same route. (I'll dig me Hi Viz out .. :D)

:D Only kidding JB, it's logical and keeps every body on the same route. (I'll dig me Hi Viz out .. :D)

Regards the Hi-Viz, please make sure it matches Bill's (Timaloy) as it will play hell with his OCD if it doesn't :D

Nutty will lend you his, now that he won't be using it as he's staying down south and missing Great Dent event

Back
Top Bottom