South Dales ride

cheers. So many rides available now I am so confused as to who/what is booked! I think I offered TEC on JB's as well now as never had a reply from this thread. I'll be there friday anyway to sort it out and offer my help where need be. Happy to do any of the rides really. Just don't want to inconvenience anyone with my plus 1

Welcome on mine, Jim's will be a mint ride though too

No worries Donovan - apologies for not replying. I'm sure you'll have a hoot whichever ride you go on.

If you are considering this run will you step forward please - I am away until Monday and not sure whether I can access 't internet.

I will be contacting the café at The Strid on Wednesday for numbers eating there.

Cheers,

Jim

Lunch sorted at The Strid for about 1.00pm.

I'll be in the main car park in Dent just up the road from the camp site for 9.30 ready for the off at 10.00... Look out for a black and yellow 100.

First part of the ride goes down a gated road passing Whernside on your left ... This is one of the classic single-track roads in the Dales. (I don't think the other rides take this route to start with).

From there we touch on Ingleton and head south taking in Ribblehead Viaduct then to Malham - brew stop and short walk if you want either on top of the Cove or to its face...fact : my wife has instructions to throw my ashes from the top of the cove into a headwind :D

Skipton next (fuel here if needed)

Out to Bolton Abbey for lunch then up Blubberhouses crossing over to Dacre/Pateley Bridge on a 26 x bends road to the Res at Lofthouse.

Back down the same 26 bendy road and on to Appletreewick, Burnsall, Grassington, Kettlewell and to Hawes (decide here whether we head back to Dent or stay out a tad longer looking at Tan Hill).

Back to Dent and pub:thumb2

Looking forward to meeting some old and new faces and a great weekend:beerjug:

First part of the ride goes down a gated road passing Whernside on your left ... (I don't think the other rides take this route to start with).

Not "THE Gated Road" - i'd better steer clear of that one!!! this is possibly the road i came to Dent on last week via Inglestone.... when as you might have seen from another post the bike kinda.....rolled off the stand... :blast

Attachments

• IMG_3892.jpeg
    IMG_3892.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 149
First part of the ride goes down a gated road passing Whernside on your left ... This is one of the classic single-track roads in the Dales. (I don't think the other rides take this route to start with).

We may meet you coming the other way:augie

Yes ... THE gated road ... always wait for a car to come and do the gate for you:rolleyes: (or Johnny and his ride.... What time do you think you're coming down John?)

I now know my brakes work
:D:D:D

That'll teach you Andy!

Really enjoyed the ride myself and only to pleased to show the Dales off to you on what was a great day to ride a bike.

Thanks for coming along ... to the next one:beerjug:

Thanks for leading us on that great route. It was good to meet some fellow 'tossers'. I'm sorry I was unable to join you for a few beers back in Dent. Hopefully next time.

Attachments

• DSCN0925.JPG
    DSCN0925.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 97
:D:D:D

That'll teach you Andy!

:

teach me? TEACH ME! no no no, no way cant let that one go Jim sorry.

it went like this fellow readers:

sat nav to Jims brain,
sat nav to Jims brain, this is sat nav calling: we need to turn left in 300yards.

Jims brain here: im not listening to you sat nav your telling me lies again!

sat nav to jims brain: Honest Jim we need to turn left 200yards

Jims brain here: No. I'm not having it, have you seen that tree? lovely tree that, look at that wall? some work gone into that wall you know.

sat nav to Jims brain: you really need to start to slow down here Jim, this is the 3rd left turn I've told you about that you've missed on this little trip and we need to turn left in 100 yards

Jims brain here: nice day for a ride don't you think sat nav?

sat nav to Jims brain: Im not messing about here Jim we are doing 60mph an we need to turn left here in 30 yards!
sat nav to Jims brain: we've missed another left turn Jim we now need to do another U turn!:blast

Jims brain here: OK if we must.
Jims brain to controlling hands an feet: hit the brakes and anchors on and perform U turn just to keep sat nav happy! and we will do a RIGHT turn!..............don't like left turns

Andy's eyes to Andy's brain, Andy's eyes to Andy's brain: that tiny candle of a rear red light on Jims bike has just got brighter and Jim is getting closer at one hell of a rate!

Andy's brain to Andy's eyes has Jim hit something?

Andy's eyes to Andy's brain: no but we have a road off to the left here and Jim is now doing a U Turn.

Andy's brain here to everything: this is urgent! all stop ALL STOP! and make a left, Jims brain has malfunctioned again an he's missed another left turn.
Andy's brain to self: wow! these brakes are good almost missed that left turn then

:p

It was an interesting day;)

Thanks Jim for taking the trouble to arrange the great roads for the Southern Dales ride out. Great roads and stunning scenery. Good to meet the other guys in the group too.

Nice to catch up with you Jim after such a long time and I am glad you are now active on here once more.

The highlight of the ride? Jim's wallet escaping from his bike and Magnon stopping to pick it up. I said to him let's have a divvy up before you give it to Jim and he said, "I've already taken a twenty out of it"
:augie

:D:D:D you sound just like my mrs ... She too knows I have a 'love/hate' relationship with the bitch on the GPS !

Dave ... I know where you live ... Do we use my gps next week or should I leave it at home :aidan

Phil and Jenny - great to see you both and catch-up - Pam says hi :beerjug:

Fatal ... Get Yourself and Kenny over here on the old sheds anytime for another hoot around the area:thumb2

Jim, thanks for organising an excellent ride out on Saturday with our small group of "chosen ones" whom it was a pleasure to meet and ride with. Here's to the next event.

Thanks for the twenty quid BTW :augie

Back
Top Bottom