*UPDATE 21 Dales UPDATE*

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Nearly there so a bit more info for anyone doing this.

Meet in the car park which is in the middle of Dent about 150yds left as you come out of the main camping field.

9-9.15 for a 9.30 start...185 mls which I reckon around 6hrs with stops.

Stop for cuppa and loo in Kettlewell..only 55mls but about 90mins from start.

Fuel stop in Leyburn...100mls from start...there is no fuel before this.

Stop for lunch...should be just after 1pm..but who knows.

Lunch was going to be at Tan Hill but it could have some problems, so going to go a little further to Thwaite. Nice selection of sandwiches, baguettes, paninis, etc.
They did say if there where a few of us it would be good if we could pre order, I may try to do this before we set off.

Over "Buttertubs Pass" and down into Hawes, then a circular route through a bit of the central dales returning to Hawes.

Refuel in Hawes if anyone needs to for the Sunday.

A couple of nice ways back to Dent from Hawes... Fast sweeping A road A684 right through to Sedbergh turning off just before Sedbergh and doubling back along a little gnarly back to dent, or turn off the A684 at Garsdale Head and come back over the moor dropping down into Dent.

Sorry I've not been able to post a route, but I really am Technically challenged.

It would be good if you could confirm if you're up for this one so as I can give them some Idea for numbers for lunch.

I think it's going to be best to use the drop off system, so looking for a volunteer for 'tail end Charlie'

It's a cracking Route with a great mixture of roads and I'll try to set a pace that suits everybody.

I could well be going up on the Thursday and doing a Recce on the Friday, anyone is more than welcome to join me.

Khyam biker tent, with a white Stelvio parked alongside.

If you want to know anymore, ask here or PM me.

Cheers.

Steve

There's a great Cafe in Hawes, up some stairs above a row of shops IIRC.
Could also be good for re-fuelling.

I'll share tail end charlie duties with others. Ill do half or so of the route and we need some others. Fair?

I have amended my route, for Sat (are you doing this route Sat and Sun, Steve?) as I was going to stop at Thwaite too:blast

I am now going somewhere else:thumby:

Good idea to not stop at Tan Hill. Every time i've gone there with a group the power's been down.:thumby:

Hi Steve
I shall be trundling up in the wobbly box on Thursday (bike on a trailer) I would like to join you for the Saturday ride, happy to be Tec for half a day, might be able to help with the recce on Friday but won't commit yet, dog and wife duties.:rolleyes:

I have amended my route, for Sat (are you doing this route Sat and Sun, Steve?) as I was going to stop at Thwaite too:blast

I am now going somewhere else:thumby:

Just doing it Saturday, with a recce on Friday that folks are welcome to join.

Was thinking about joining you on Sunday. If I'm not to knackered.

Steve

Just doing it Saturday, with a recce on Friday that folks are welcome to join.

Was thinking about joining you on Sunday. If I'm not to knackered.

Steve

No worries, i'll run one route on Sat (away from Thwaite) and the other on Sunday - welcome to join us on Sunday, Steve

Nobody up for this on the Saturday :nenau

Only got Paintman..Still happy to do it if only a few wish to.

Steve

It's the usual bad planning for me :blast

I'm still hoping to get up the dales for camping on Saturday night, but heading from York satdi morning, so not sure where or when to intercept late morning if you're still doing the route?

Nobody up for this on the Saturday :nenau

Only got Paintman..Still happy to do it if only a few wish to.

Steve
Hi Steve, seeing as we've both gone to the trouble of organising a ride with few takers how about a merge...your ride sounds great to me so perhaps we could swap days or something, perhaps a natter in the pub tomorrow night to agree a new plan amongst the willing?

Either is fine for the 4 of us - both wives are novices at pillion so I have to bear that in mind...
We only really have a full day Saturday as back home Sunday afternoon - if we are the awkward squad - we can talk tomorrow in G&D :)

I am the tall handsome slender one...

Back
Top Bottom