XG250 Tricker Build

Hi Mike,

Thanks a bunch for your quick and detailed reply, definitely useful. I will try to find an Excel rim in Hanoi. The shop I used to go proposed me two different rims already. One is a Japanese second hand (I do not know the brand though), but it still looks very straight, and the other one is new but made in China. The owner advised to go for the Japanese one. I think I'll go for the Japanese one, although I am bit afraid of buying a second hand rim.

For the rear tyre, I'll probably stick to the TKC 80 150/70 B17. I like the design better, and according to the review I found on the Internet, it behaves very well on tarmac roads, which is my daily bread...

I have contacted Bas at Hyperpro for the rear shock. Let's see if he can come up with a proposition. The tricky thing is that sometimes I am driving with a passenger, and I want the seat to be comfortable for her too, so might not be easy to properly define the specs and use I need for the rear shock. Anyway, I'll keep you updated, thanks again for the advises.

Cheers,
Brice

Hi Mike,

I finally changed the rear wheel and tyre. I chose the Excel wheel and a Pirelli Scorpion Rallye for the tyre, and I am pretty satisfied. A lot of grip even on wet roads, and it even improves the stability of the bike when braking abruptely. I enjoy a lot actually...

The space between the side of the tyre and the chain is super small, but so far it sems to be OK.

And I contacted Bas at Hyperpro, but he did not reply so far.

Thanks again for your advices.
Cheers, Brice

Tricker Parts

Hi, I don't suppose you still have the Tricker seat and plastics laying around do you? I am in the states and trying to do the inverse conversion for my wifes bike (XT250 to XG250) and Tricker parts seem to be either out of production, or hard to find. I'm working in japan this year and hoping to find a wrecked one but this would sure be easier. Thanks for the inspiration and let me know if you still have parts sitting in a bin!

Cheers,
Matt

Hi
Firstly, remember that I got parts from a modern xt250 that never shipped to Europe... only America I thing.

Then yes, they fit but you need the set to make it work. Tank, front and side panels and the seat.

However, when i get around to it, I do need to tag a couple of mounts on the front to stabalise the front fairing a bit.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Matt
Sorry for taking a while to reply. I'm afraid I do not have the seat and plastics any longer. In fact, the bike was sold 2 years ago.
Mike

Hello! I've just bought yamaha Tricker for my wife :)
Have you yur racks for sell, maybe?
And which bigger fuel tank will fit?

Back
Top Bottom