westgate road.

paul nicholls

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm heading to westgate road tomorrow to get my new zip.
Was wondering what the bike parking situation is now?

the hill.

It's been a long time, can you not park outside the shops anymore?

yes right outside hunters and m and s ,and other places too , its clearly marked and plenty of spaces .

Cheers for that.
Now what was the name of the cafe that did the big heart attack breakfast?

I used to live at the top of that road Lancaster street off elswick road .Spent most Saturday 's watching H1's and H2's wheeling up it , even got my T 500 on the back wheel going up it .last time I was there was 2005 and there were a lot less bike shops .Armstrong engineering rebuilt most of our cranks .have fun

Well, that was a blast from the past.
Had a nice couple of hours wondering up and down, was good to see some of the old shops still going.
Had a good breakfast and really good coffee in the Italian cafe at the bottom of the hill.
Was very tempted by Salt and Pepper, was only the need for quality coffee that swayed the choice.
As said, lots of free bike parking outside the shops.
Finally a huge thumbs up for DP Leathers, great old school set up with great friendly service at a good price.
New zip and press studs done for only £30.
Thanks for all the replies and help.
Paul.

The cafe at the bottom of the hill is my normal stop on a Friday good food and coffee:)
Lad that runs Dp leathers is a cracking fella will have agonat anything no job too small and doesn't charge the earth either:)

Back
Top Bottom