Lowered GS footpegs

my springs work a treate on the swt sports pegs but the ones on the Q-tech pegs are allso a jocke I done 150km on friday evening it was licke rideing a diferen bicke wisch I had bought some urleyeher now :blast

Well, my MotoBau set arrived this morning - slight delay in the order as they claimed after I chased them they had no internet for the "past 2 weeks" (interesting that as Mr Farmer ordered and received his 2nd pair in that time..... presumably via the internet......) anyway all good now - quality is good, fit is good (no spring issue ar per Rob) and to top it all, 2 stickers and a mini Mars bar in the package as well.

They really do make a considerable difference, much more than then I had expected. I was initially concerned as I have a Migstand fitted, and thought the left one would foul that, but no worries, just clears it. Bit of fiddling with the gear linkage to bring that down a bit, and the brake pedal up a bit, and all set to go. Knees are opened out a good few degrees more "room" on the pegs making engagement with the gear lever and brake pedal easier, much much more confortable standing up, no knee ache after an hours ride, all good here. feels like a different bike (in a good way).

Recommended!

:beerjug:

They've been in touch. Apparently I've been sent a tiger pair by mistake. Correct ones in the post. Nice people to deal with

Although I have now discovered (not unsurprisingly really) that I am now getting my toes down very easily in my more, ahem, "spirited" corners - gave me a minor fright/wobble/moment first time, but OK with it now. Something to think about if you are thinking of springing for a pair. At least I feel like a proper road hero now wiv me scuffed boots innit!

And yes, agree with Rob above, good bunch to deal with.

Yamaha pegs on a GS?

... I ended up replacing them with budget priced "parts unlimited" Yam YZ pegs...

The Yamaha YZ's peg mountings are also 19mm, as per a BMW GS', then I presume? They could make for an interesting and cheaper alternative. Even if they just come out straight it would be an improvement on the stock position.

I have ones from an R80ST fitted to mine and, though they are somewhat lower and wider, they're certainly further forward. They also look a bit naff to be honest. ;)

Just been trying to order a set of these Motobau pegs for my R80GS but I keep getting an error on their website when I click on the ‘Show Product’ link.

74c4a382d03fd6bd601f773698b2a57d.jpg

Has anybody got any ideas or another place that sells them ? Ta.

I’ve emailed motobau

Ring them up.... +49-(0)30 / 661 03 38

Better still, get a job with Ryan Air and fly to Berlin.

My MotoBau pegs finally arrived for my R80GS today after wandering around DHL for a few weeks !!
I’ve fitted them no problem but am struggling with lowering the gear and brake lever a similar amount.
I posted this on my service thread too....so how do I adjust the levers down ??

My Haynes manual has no info that I can find and on the other thread I was told the brake lever will need to be heated up and bent or replaced !

The only info I have is from an online manual I downloaded and it’s more concerned with adjusting the play rather than moving the lever positions:

83e40957d6c9d1a95fa93fdb4b9347b1.jpg

4de2b134ca56a8e0715e89ff1b461696.jpg

In the pic above ,do you think there is enough adjustment in the arm (7) to achieve my aim and if so how is it done ?

Ta

As an aside, has anyone fitted a Migsel gear lever roller and if so was it worth doing ?
Double ta.

fbe589ff81206be9128bb011e0188e0a.jpg

I had a gear lever roller on my airhead special, from Wunderlich

Absolutely far better, helps you roll your toe under, like 1100/1150's

Having big feet I’ve shortened the gear lever and fitted a roller. The existing threaded rod may be a little too short, I’m sure there are longer ones available.

The rear brake pedal is still a bit high but I’ve got used to it. If you adjust it as low as it’ll go it can hit the lower frame rail. There is scope for modifying it.

Having big feet I’ve shortened the gear lever and fitted a roller. The existing threaded rod may be a little too short, I’m sure there are longer ones available.

The rear brake pedal is still a bit high but I’ve got used to it. If you adjust it as low as it’ll go it can hit the lower frame rail. There is scope for modifying it.

Ta.
I thought it was not adjustable?

L
Ta.
I thought it was not adjustable?

I assume you mean the rear brake. Slacken the wing nut at the rear brake and adjust the backstop bolt - both have limited range and as I say, the lever can hit the frame when pressed.

Back
Top Bottom