Lahinch

Gremlin

Sorry not paying attention, can anybody give me the dates for Lahinch this year and journey time in Ireland. thanks.

Lahinch Thanks

Thank for the information guy, just what i need, see you there, again thank you. Chris

well, ferry booked and we're going !!!! Circuitous route round south west ireland on the way out with a via to Connamara on the way back............... should be fun !!!
Dood'

Can you not speel proper or is 'lehinch' interchangeable with 'lahinch'??

I'll be there though....two up ;)

gunner here all on board for the off road spin

yes I will be available for a off road spin

Gunner

got the time off
booked in with Mary at the B & B

but my big quandry is whioch ferry to get over on

i am leaving on wednesday lunchtime to get to whichever port
stopping overnight in either uk or ireland....
riding to lahinch on thursday

what do you suggest???

living in Rutland...there isnt a lot in the distance to all the ports in UK.

give us a shout when you're decided M.....Dani and I are going so we can ride over with you ;)

B

Matron said:
got the time off
booked in with Mary at the B & B

what do you suggest???

living in Rutland...there isnt a lot in the distance to all the ports in UK.

If you're going to Fishguard you're quite welcome to bunk here, however I'm a few hours from the port.

swansea cork

Marion why not do swansea Cork overnight boat wednesday then take leisurely ride round the south west !! or of course just head up to Lehinch ???:beer:

swansea cork is the ideal route...but i have heard they call the boat the VOMeT COMET

vomet comet

well not sure about that !!! I can say that until about 1999 I used to get that boat very frequently and well I never vometed:D
Last time I took my dad over (now 89) he loved it and the craic was good with a folk group and all, I got a outside delux cabin and ferry for 2 with bike for £120
The Guinness was fine and the food ok, it was a greek owned vessel then. :D
Anyway, its a great route to put you in Cork at 7am next morning and a full days ride ahead:beer:
The best ferry for vomet has always been Stranrar Line in my experience it really kicks up rough through that narrow gap:D

Matron said:
swansea cork is the ideal route...but i have heard they call the boat the VOMeT COMET

Vomet Comet relates to the boat Marion, not the route.

Specifically the Sea Cat

Matron said:
got the time off

what do you suggest???

fishguard to rosslare on the seacat, a 90 minute trip and it runs every few hours :)

Pthagonal.camping

is their any need to book the campsite ??
is their a special 'deal' negotiated.
Thanks
matkat and Sue:beer:

re camping

there is no need to book in advance, but you can if you wish..

there will be a special area reserved for us lunatics..

:)

and yes there will be a special price.. not exactly sure what it is yet, but it will be less than the normal price..

we will be getting a group rate, depending on the numbers....

dont worry its very easy going there..

for those who were there last year and this years newbies, we will be camping at the front of the campsite , just beside the bar just within crawling distance :) same as last year..

for any more info check out www.pthagonal.com/lahinch

regards

Pthag

Matron said:

The "Vomit Comet" is the fast crossing from Fishguard, so called because the catamaran is quick but can be quite lively in heavy seas, the Swansea -Cork crossing in my experience is a dog, takes an age, the current ship is erm past its best and the 2 trips i went via Swansea were less than enjoyable due to the prolonged crossing.
I'd recommend the fast crossing from Fishguard, the HSS1500 then ride via Waterford.

Back
Top Bottom