Nice, France

Chris Hooke

Reaction score
Greetings,

actually I was a member years ago when I lived in the UK but forgot my details so I joined again.

I've had a long list of BMWs since 1982, mostly pretty reliable, and I've had a string of GSs since 1997.
Presently I own a R1200GS LC (2014) in Sydney, a GS80 Basic (1997) in Nice fitted with a long range fuel tank that holds an amazing 44 litres.
And when a 2011 GSA came up for private sale in Nice recently I couldn't resist cos I always wanted one. And I love it. Totally different to the water-cooled, much more relaxed, way, way better gearbox and a certain charisma that's difficult to explain unless you've ridden one.
But that didn't stop it suffering a Final Drive breakdown 4 days after buying it :aidan at 32k klms. As far as I know it's been an on-road toy to two previous gentle owners, so no excuses please BMW.
Fortunately it came with 2 months left on a non-BMW warranty that actually worked - the FD is being replaced as I write this. Free !!!

Thanks for a great site with a great vibe that's being going forever and helped so many owners, it's worth every penny of the subscription :clap

Hello and welcome back to the site. Good to hear you've managed to get the FD changed whilst still in warranty. I dread to think how much that would have cost you.

Anyway, enjoy the forum. I'm sure it will keep you busy until the bike comes back :)

Welcome back, I often visit Nice when I am home usually for the Monday Antique market and of course lunch in the old town.

I just saw you on the excellent UKgser map; I've sent Paul a PM to include me. Would be delighted to meet you for a lunch or a drink sometime, my mobile is 0781 96 22 90.
I'm picking up the GSA from Nice BMW on Friday with a newly installed Final Drive.

Back
Top Bottom