Craigs Honda, Shipley

Just bought a 1290 KTM from their KTM dealership . It's a family run business , dad and son run the KTM / off-road side of it and the other son runs the Honda dealership.
I found them very easy and pleasant to deal with. They are not pushy in the slightest , at first I thought they weren't that interested in my custom, but then speaking to Craig he says they are like that for a reason, he likes to let people make their own minds up without pushing them. I found that a refreshing change!
I had a problem with the fuel gauge, which was dealt with efficiently and quickly.
I would recommend them.

Had two bikes from them, including part exchange, all over the phone, not been to the showroom, they will deliver/collect :)

Their sales guy is Andrew Hodges who used to work at Allan Jefferies many years ago when they were next to the fire station. He then moved to Bradford Motorcycles (hate that place). He's a good guy and will offer honest advice.

I nearly bought a KTM 990 from them in 2012 but I'm still waiting for their call back to me with a price for my part ex. I did like the non pushy side of it in the showroom but wasnt too impressed when he failed to ring when he said.....I may be the one in a hundred who slipped through the net.

I looked at a bike from there on ebay. they phoned me back very quickly but I couldn't take the call as was out of the country - very responsive though - need to get back to them as I think the bike is still for sale too ;-)

Had a couple of email exchanges but spoke to someone tonight on the phone. I was close to pulling the trigger on a bike but speaking to the stealer, I wasn't impressed with his attitude. Maybe I caught him on a bad day and at the wrong time but I can't stand bullshitters! I might consider other offers elsewhere...

I bought a KTM from them, nice people but they didn't have a clue when my SMT went wrong.

Yes there crap. Loads bad reviews on Facebook for dewsbury and shipley.
Rips me off for 400 deposit. Avoid bad garage

Rode through there 80 miles to buy a 690 but he didnt want to let me have a test ride (which was arranged over the phone) as it had rained that morning and they just cleaned it.
KTM at Thirsk were 100% better.

Load of problems with Craigs a few years ago, when I bought an RT from them - no log book! They were going to sort it out, but never did. Rang Jefferies who originally sold the bike and they sorted it out no problem and I wasn’t even their customer. Bought my second RT from Jefferies.

Avoid like the plague!
Did a partex deal and ordered a bike off them (KTM 1190), when I went to collect it the paperwork was incorrect by £500 in their favour, they said they would sort it.... still waiting.
Oh and half the extra parts I requested were missing on collection despite checking the previous day that all was done (this was put right but did involve an extra visit).

Not my best retail experience:rolleyes:

Bought a Triumph Storm off them last year.

The father and sales team were great to deal with. Not at all impressed with the son.

Bought a GS second hand from them a couple of years ago. Paid a small deposit when viewing bike and collected it a few days later, paying the balance. No problems encountered.

A mate is muttering something about customer loyalty. He could have taken delivery of a stock bike from Premier KTM, near his girlfriend's place but the lovely Aaron told him he could source one. This was in March and he is still without his new 1290, having sold the bike Aaron sold him 2 years ago. They have loaned the mate a 790 for the bank holiday weekend.

I visited them a while ago. I got the idea that they are mainly an off road dealer and the road bikes are a sideline. All this setting up things with add on modules and laptops is outside their comfort zone.

Old news now but I got a KTM 990SMT form them in Dewsbury and got a reasonable deal p/x the Multistrada. They always gave good service and looked after the bike well whilst I had it. Can’t speak for the Honda side though, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom