Australia, Sydney. Independent Servicing

timmynich

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I've just moved from London, UK to Sydney, Australia. Just wondering if there's any GSers out there to talk to????
The bike is coming over in a box in a couple of weeks (2007 R1200GS) It will eventually need some work doing so I'm looking out for an independent mechanic in Sydney or the surrounding area. Anyone got any recommendations?

I used to use Steptoe in S/W London but he wouldn't go in the crate with the bike.

Cheers

Tim

Independent near Sydney

Hello Tim. I have been in touch with a friend of mine who has recently moved from Sydney to the Blue Mountains. He has lived and ridden in Sydney, for a long time. He says that his knowledge is mainly of North Sydney area. If you let me know via a PM where abouts you are in Sydney, I will pass on Brian's details. Best wishes, RobA.

Tim,

I live in Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. I'm in the UK at the mo but I'll be back there mid November.

I've used Procycles for the past few years. Had a KTM 950 before the current water-cooled GS as they are KTM dealers also.

They have been fine in my experience, have a reasonable rep as far as I know. They have Hornsby and St Peters branches.
I tend to do quite a bit of servicing myself and then get them to remove codes and fix anything I've mucked up. I couldn't bleed the rear brake system last time properly so they sorted that for example. And they are fine to help with advice etc.

Sorry I can't offer more wide ranging advice, I don't get to do that many miles on the bikes unfortunately and, as I said, I try to do most of the servicing myself.

Not sure how familiar you are with Sydney/Oz but I'd be happy to meet up when I return and offer info, beer and nosh.
cheers
Chris

Contact Us - Directions - Hours

MOTOHANSA

Our Passion. Your Adventure.

29 Clyde Street Rydalmere

NSW 2116 Australia

Phone 02 9638 4488

Fax 02 9638 5044

Motohansa P/L

ABN 34 079 965 658

Motohansa workshop is open during the following hours/days: