Guzzi adventure riding in Canada

AustinW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The guzzi fans may like to read and view some of the exploits of Nick Adams in Ontario, Canada.

You tube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/nick949eldo/videos

Book "Beyond the coffee Shop: riding 1970's Moto Guzzi Motorcycles in Northern Canada" Kindle and hard copy http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyond-Coffee-Shop-motorcycles-Northern-ebook/dp/B00SPCR490. The book is well worth a read, especially if you fancy a trip to Canada but is a good read in any case. He also writes for a couple of classic bike magazines in the US and Canada and regularly posts of his exploits and epic rides on ADVrider. (example http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...-1974-moto-guzzi-nuovo-falcone-video.1100051/)

I met Nick through ADVRider before I took my motorcycle to Canada in June 2015. He generously hosted me for my first proper night in Canada and for the last few days as well as providing endless advice and support about riding in Canada while on my trip. He is an all round good guy, generous with his advice and extensive knowledge of Canada and with his hospitality. He is also a bit bonkers doing epic rides onto some of the most remote and wild places in Canada on bikes most would consider completely unsuitable - perhaps the very definition of adventure riding.

He is a complete Guzzi nut having 5 in his garage: A 1970's Nuovo Falcone (500cc single), a 70's Eldorado (1000cc twin), a 70's 750SS, a Breva 1100, and his most recent addition an 1100 Quest.

I just thought some of you may be interested in his book, ride reports and videos.

Here's a little video my friend in Canada made of his travels around Ontario, Quebec and the UK. Well worth a look, especially if you are a guzzi fan.

Great stuff! Thanks for posting Austin. I watched the vid with headphones on, the Nuvo falcone and eldo sound great, both have a lovely rumble. Must be a great way to travel along those Canadian roads.

Cracking stuff & Guzzi's...
What's not to like...

Great stuff! Thanks for posting Austin. I watched the vid with headphones on, the Nuvo falcone and eldo sound great, both have a lovely rumble. Must be a great way to travel along those Canadian roads.

The Eldorado is a super bike for the sort of travelling Nick does, and prices out in Canada seem to well cheaper than they are here. I think now he has re-wired it some of the problems he was dogged with will go away. It also seems real easy to work on - while I was there he did some work to the final drive: about 20 mins to get into it; 20 mins fettling it and fitting bearings and bushes; and 20 minutes back together. Very impressive.

Cracking stuff & Guzzi's...
What's not to like...

There seems to be quite a thriving Guzzi scene: I was invited to the Ontario Guzzi owners club while out there. About 30 assorted Guzzis plus some other Italian exotica (including beautiful Laredo Jota owned by the coolest smoothest ex-pat Italian).

Did you look at any of Nick's other videos? If not check out the one he did the North Road in Quebec: after several punctures he ran out of options and waited three days hundreds of miles up a dirt road for help to turn up. When it did it was a friend who had travelled over 1000Km to rescue him!.

Fantastic video from a great Guzzista. You don't see many Quotas around but they do look cool.

Back
Top Bottom