Iceland Adventure 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tent bought (Terra Nova Ultra Quasar 2nd hand off Ebay - thanks for the heads-up Timolgra), flight to Kef from Luton booked. Will you chaps be taking your helmet on board as hand luggage or securing it to the bikes so it goes over in the container? Also, is there a left luggage department at the port in Reykjavik? I've paid to have a checked bag on the flight out which I may use for my riding kit and boots if I can't send them over with the bike, but ideally I'd rather not have to take the holdall I use as the checked bag on the bike during the trip, even though it rolls up fairly small. If I can leave it at the port that's problem solved.

Overnight Stay before return.

Hi Mark

My answers to all questions are the same as Toody.

Regards

Tim

Hi Mark,

As per email

1: Happy to share if singles are difficult to obtain
2: Will take a single if they are easily available and reasonable price, otherwise see 1
3: No, happy to stay with the group

Thanks
Toddy

Above goes for me too :)

Scenario testing for the trip..
ac1e443f1ff493281a9b2c1686db5f98.jpg

Happy Christmas fellow adventurers..!

Tent bought (Terra Nova Ultra Quasar 2nd hand off Ebay - thanks for the heads-up Timolgra), flight to Kef from Luton booked. Will you chaps be taking your helmet on board as hand luggage or securing it to the bikes so it goes over in the container? Also, is there a left luggage department at the port in Reykjavik? I've paid to have a checked bag on the flight out which I may use for my riding kit and boots if I can't send them over with the bike, but ideally I'd rather not have to take the holdall I use as the checked bag on the bike during the trip, even though it rolls up fairly small. If I can leave it at the port that's problem solved.
Lee
It should be OK to leave your holdall in the building where we collect bikes from in Reykjavik.
I will be strapping all my riding gear on back of bike in holdall when it goes in container, helmet goes as hand luggage on plane

Thanks Mark. I'll strap as much to the bike as I can but at least I know I can leave a holdall if I need to.

Any developments on accommodation for the trip? As suspected I think I'm working out if country from start of the new year so need to get all admin sorted if possible.

Any developments on accommodation for the trip? As suspected I think I'm working out if country from start of the new year so need to get all admin sorted if possible.
Hi John
I'm still working on the accommodation trying to get us all booked in the same apartment/ hotel sent a number of emails before Christmas not had many replies yet.
If I book and you are out of UK don't worry I will pay and you can refund me at a later date.
Mark

Chaps, any tips on sleeping bag rating required for this trip? I'm back to work tomorrow with no break for several weeks so keen to get what I need while I can.

Chaps, any tips on sleeping bag rating required for this trip? I'm back to work tomorrow with no break for several weeks so keen to get what I need while I can.

3 season max will be fine, take a silk liner too if that's your fancy :beerjug:

3 season max will be fine, take a silk liner too if that's your fancy :beerjug:

Thanks Tim. Not sure I like the mummy type so will probably go try a few tomorrow if shops permit.

Any thoughts on north face sleeping bags ? ( some big price reductions this weekend).

No idea about NF bags Joe, although I'm sure many here have agonised about which sleeping bag to get :D

For some bizarre reason, I spent half of last night dreaming I was packing my bloody bike for the trip! I knew it was a bad idea to have dry January :blast

For some bizarre reason, I spent half of last night dreaming I was packing my bloody bike for the trip! I knew it was a bad idea to have dry January :blast

I managed 47 hrs and was seduced by a Beaverton gamma ray ..

Hi all
I have emailed some hotels and rental apartments in down town Reykjavik for availability and cost for the 29th & 30th July.
Please confirm.
1. Are you willing to share a twin room.
2. Do you require a single room.
3. Would you rather book your own accommodation.
Cheers:beerjug:
Mark

I'm There first and after so I'll sort my own.

Cheers
Mark

Mark (button moon), do you know the district as I'm keen to get booked but would like to be near my intrepid fellow adventurers for beers.

Are all places full ?? Just seen this topic for the first time.

There may be room for one more on the first trip, I'll give Mark a shout now and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom