Fail to acquire satellites

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a nav iii which I use as a back up, apart from a poor display compared to my nav 5 works fine.

Yesterday it failed to acquire satellites I tried various things including a map install but it failed to work. A search suggested a master reset.

Nothing to loose so I thought give it a go. With the unit turned off hold down menu and map buttons and turn unit on. After about 5 seconds release both the buttons. The unit will then require setting up to your preference.

Please note that all personal data will be lost. But if your unit wasn't working you have nothing to loose.

Worked for me.

If this remedy is posted already sorry for duplication but I searched and didn't find it.

SteveC

Mine has been getting very slow to find satellites and then today it just won't find them. Will I lose my map updates?

Well, I did it and in this day and age of gadgets I have to say this was the easiest fix ever. It was taking forever to find satellites, quite often a good five miles and then yesterday, despite a couple of hours it wouldn't find any satellites. Holding down the map and menu button whilst powering up fixed it and I didn't lose any of my downloaded maps.

Back
Top Bottom