Yet another map update issue.

v8legend

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Zumo 500 btw

I tried this in the Zumo section, perhaps more relevant here.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Zumo 500. I've got lifetime maps, and have an issue with updates. Obviously the maps are too big to go on the unit, and Express just puts them on my Mac. To go on the unit they have to go on an sd card using Mapinstall. I've got the latest maps in Mapinstall (2016.20), and it goes through the whole process of installing maps: 'Preparing map data'...(about 20mins), then 'Building map image' (about 5 mins), followed by 'Transferring' (about 1.5 hrs). During this process it comes up with 'There was a problem while installing maps on your device. Ensure that the device is plugged in and turned on, and try again.' The unit remains on throughout. No matter how many times I try this I'm unsuccessful.

I had a similar issue last year, whereby it would go through the whole process, then turn the unit off just before the finish. I went through this multiple times before I was successful, and can't remember if I changed something, or if it just worked finally.

My thoughts, so far. I've tried a hard reset. No change. I've now ordered a new sd card. I've tried a different usb cable, and different usb ports.

An update.

I erased all data (via the mac) from the sd card. Went through the whole process again, and this time it worked. Kind of. All the maps transferred to the sd card, however the Zumo doesn't seem to see them. I'm not sure that I formatted the sd card properly. I've just formatted it MS DOS fat, hopefully that'll work.

I'll update again later.

In the late 60's to late 70's they were seriously considering building a huge airport at Wing. I can remember the signs 'No wings over Wing', very similar to the 'No HS2' signs that have appeared over parts over rural Warwickshire.

In the late 60's to late 70's they were seriously considering building a huge airport at Wing. I can remember the signs 'No wings over Wing', very similar to the 'No HS2' signs that have appeared over parts over rural Warwickshire.

Most of that passed me by (I did live up north then), however there was still a fair amount of protest graffiti locally when we moved in.

Back
Top Bottom