Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Things that make you go Mmmmm . . .

F900XR-Nice-1.jpg

And on the way home . . .

Ballindalloch-Castle-tradesmans-entrance.jpg

SteveT

:cool:

At least I can see mine fatboy :barf

On you go, failed IAM observer, say what you like I don’t care. Looking forward to seeing you very soon then we will see how brave you are. I might pop in by willie youngs soon and with any luck you will be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided that a visit to the west coast was in order, so headed out early doors and rolled another 260 miles under the wheels of the CB5X.

MiddleofFeckknowsWhere-300820.jpg

MiddleofFeckknowsWhere2-300820.jpg

LochBroom300820.jpg

SteveT

Out west again :)

Popped out to the west coast (again), seeing as I’ve got a few weeks off of work. Tried to avoid the NC500 route but I got wandering and found myself combating a myriad of camper vans and way too many cars for this time of year. Photos from along the route . . .

The bottom of the Beallach na Ba
Bottom-of-Beallach.jpg

And this one from around the back of the same group of hills
Back-of-Beallach.jpg

The view across Upper Loch Torridon
Upper-Loch-Torridon.jpg

Ben Eighe viewed from Glen Torridon
Ben-Eighe.jpg

Glen Docherty towards Loch Maree
Glen-Docherty-Loch-Maree.jpg

SteveT

I was later than I hoped getting a pass out today, so met a nice sunset above Whitburn.

Having been reminded that the SW corner is worth a visit I took a 200+ mile spin round the Galloway corner via Moffat.

Sun shone. All was good.

Had the road to myself on all the best bits.

Attachments

• 039BCAB7-1FD4-4169-B455-B20358615A4E.jpg
    039BCAB7-1FD4-4169-B455-B20358615A4E.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 6055F897-3D53-44D0-8529-88891E194663.jpg
    6055F897-3D53-44D0-8529-88891E194663.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 321
1-270920-LochNessfmDores.jpg

2-270920-LochNess-Drumnadrochit.jpg

3-270920-LochNess-FoyersPanot.jpg

6-270920-LochNessfmFtAugustus.jpg

5-270920-FtAugustusLocks.jpg

8-270920-GlenGarry.jpg

9-270920-GlenGarryPano.jpg

10-270920-GlenGarry.jpg

And just to prove you meet the nicest creatures on a Honda :D
12-270920-ReAdmiral.jpg

SteveT

leadfarmer - sorry to dissapoint but just for info the picture of the canal locks is at Ft Augustus, not Ft William which is where the Neptune locks can be found.

Weathers really NOT kinda nice . . .

Kind of goes against the tone of this thread, but here goes . . .

I like to nip out after a good deluge and see how destructive the local rivers have become when fed with around 24 hours of rainfall. So yesterday, once the rain has stopped, out I popped . . .

1st stop is Garmouth, which has the Spey river gouging a path through the countryside right next to it.
There is a house behind that dense stand of trees . . .
Ross-House-flooded.jpg

Ross-House.jpg

This picture was taken in Feb 2019 next to said house . . .
Ross-House-021119.jpg

Looking down stream towards the Garmouth railway viaduct . . .
Garmouth-viaduct.jpg

Bike parked next to the river further up stream . . .
Next-to-Footpath.jpg

. . . and just over the bank, the river itself
Footpath.jpg

Finally, well up stream at Craigellachie bridge yesterday and a few years earlier . . .
Craig-Bridge.jpg

Craig-bridge-100416.jpg

SteveT

Has it been raining, never noticed :blast

How long ago was it the east coast got battered for 8 days solid ?? Part of the A93 got washed away along with the caravan park at Ballater ?? Anyway, that's how it felt this past week.

I was later than I hoped getting a pass out today, so met a nice sunset above Whitburn.

Having been reminded that the SW corner is worth a visit I took a 200+ mile spin round the Galloway corner via Moffat.

Sun shone. All was good.

Had the road to myself on all the best bits.

ach you went doon the A74 ..you shouldve took the road back up to Abington that runs beside the A74 and went down the Dalveen pass ,or took the A701 from Moffat to Dumfries

December 2015.

Storm Frank, and the castle near to the washed away bit of the A93 almost went into the river. 66mm on Saturday near to Inverurie and another 46mm at Aboyne, so a little damp for the North East of Scotland. But, the caravan park in Ballater was ok this weekend.

ach you went doon the A74 ..you shouldve took the road back up to Abington that runs beside the A74 and went down the Dalveen pass ,or took the A701 from Moffat to Dumfries

That’s a Google schematic picture, not a SatNav track. I never touched the A74.
Indeed I was running on the parallel road. Rarely touch roads like A74 or A9 or M8.

Often need a short skelp on the M9 as I escape to freedom or as a last leg home.

Back
Top Bottom