Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Sunshine on Springtime day

Twas a braw day today, even out at the Arctic Convoy memorial at Cove . . .

Was up that mountain last Sunday to say a final farewell to a fellow rider as his daughter dispersed his ashes on his favourite Scottish mountain
40860130123_8c47905fd2_c.jpg

47774429212_c85531124e_c.jpg

40860130013_84363c89a5_c.jpg

The Longway Home :D
47826434581_ae60d60f83_c.jpg

Big Bird basking in some spring sunshine
40860129903_c4d0a71523_c.jpg

SteveT

:cool:

Brilliant, thanks for the pictures, we go to Firemore Beach quite a lot, Cove only few miles further on.

Boy, it was nice out today. A wee bit chilly early, but warmed up.

Got a nice wee loop in. I chose the Appin seaside road followed by Loch Awe rather than Glen Coe. Lots of quiet roads. Lots of nice new shiny tarmac on various roads.

Even got to overtake a flashing light fire engine that was puffing up the hill from Gairnshiel Lodge to Tomintoul.

Was surprised how dry Laggan Loch was.

Attachments

• 5DA39104-5F18-4819-A56B-401516601226.jpg
    5DA39104-5F18-4819-A56B-401516601226.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 380
  • BA4E88BC-ABF5-44B1-8653-02C1FBF0BB9A.jpg
    BA4E88BC-ABF5-44B1-8653-02C1FBF0BB9A.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 395
Nice evening for a little ride out into the hills of Moray . . .

33966689428_63e8a72884_c.jpg

47054517324_9a1741a8e1_c.jpg

47844148511_8cde76746c_c.jpg

SteveT

Boy, it was nice out today. A wee bit chilly early, but warmed up.

Got a nice wee loop in. I chose the Appin seaside road followed by Loch Awe rather than Glen Coe. Lots of quiet roads. Lots of nice new shiny tarmac on various roads.

Even got to overtake a flashing light fire engine that was puffing up the hill from Gairnshiel Lodge to Tomintoul.

Was surprised how dry Laggan Loch was.

How can your max speed be less than your average ?

Nice evening for a little ride out into the hills of Moray . . .

33966689428_63e8a72884_c.jpg

47054517324_9a1741a8e1_c.jpg

47844148511_8cde76746c_c.jpg

SteveT

Where is that?! I’d love to know if it means a little gravel action because it’s hard to find that kind of thing with us in Scotland I’ve found. If we had green lanes it might be better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to the west, Glencoe, Spean Bridge type roads tomorrow.
Temp forecast says a tasty 24C.:cool:

Came a bit of a cropper yesterday on the Glenshee road just east of Crathie.
Got knocked into verge while overtaking a Range Rover, I was alongside him when he pulled out, classic blindspot error. :eek:
Stayed upright, off roading at 60 ish for about 50m even over a small rain ditch and after a bit of a wobble getting back onto road parked up.
Have to say GS handled it ever so well, although I know I was very lucky.
Left engine bar bent and off its lower mounting. :blast
My left hand fingers bit swollen.
Scary as fuck and really did happen so quickly.
That will be one of my nine was used up then. :comfort

Got knocked into verge while overtaking a Range Rover, I was alongside him when he pulled out, classic blindspot error. :eek:
Stayed upright, off roading at 60 ish for about 50m even over a small rain ditch and after a bit of a wobble getting back onto road parked up.

Glad your ok and sometimes a little reminder is needed by us all that they are all trying to kill us and we shouldn't help them achieve it :beerjug:

Did the guy stop? Glad to hear you got away with it, you must have been doing something right to keep it upright!

I had exactly the same thing happen on my S1000XR a few years ago. It happened so quickly, and I was lucky to keep it upright. The driver stopped though, and words were exchanged.

Did the guy stop? Glad to hear you got away with it, you must have been doing something right to keep it upright!

Yes the driver stopped very apologetic and was quick to say he was at fault, exchanged info.
His wife looked very shocked as she must have had a grandstand view, she did say she was amazed I managed to keep it all together.
I think one of their parents was in a car further behind and also looked a bit shocked.
I laughed when they said they had a fright, feck "not as much as me" said I.

Yes the driver stopped very apologetic and was quick to say he was at fault, exchanged info.
His wife looked very shocked as she must have had a grandstand view, she did say she was amazed I managed to keep it all together.
I think one of their parents was in a car further behind and also looked a bit shocked.
I laughed when they said they had a fright, feck "not as much as me" said I.

Fair enough then, worse if he'd sped off. Should have bought a lottery ticket that night

Sooooo....

Left here at 7.20, met up with Mike...mspenz...at Simpsons Inverness, north up the A9, over the Struy road, Bonar Bridge and north towards Lairg where my bike fell apart....the little rubber covered bit at the end of the gear lever that you put your toe under to change just suddenly wasn''t there!

So, remove the bolt holding the pillion footrest on, put it through the hole in the end and bolted it in....jobs a goodun! I'm going to patent it and sell it to Touratech.

Up to Crask Inn for soup and sarnies with the BMW club chaps/chapesses. Then Mike and I trundled back to Lairg and through Strath Oykel to Elphin. Strath was stunning and the temp got up to 20 degrees! Warmest I've been on a bike this year! Dodged all the showers down to Ullapool.....then got a big one!

Back across to Garve and Inverness and back home at 6.30.....383 miles for lunch....a cracking day out! Thanks Mike!

Sooooo....

Left here at 7.20, met up with Mike...mspenz...at Simpsons Inverness, north up the A9, over the Struy road, Bonar Bridge and north towards Lairg where my bike fell apart....the little rubber covered bit at the end of the gear lever that you put your toe under to change just suddenly wasn''t there!

So, remove the bolt holding the pillion footrest on, put it through the hole in the end and bolted it in....jobs a goodun! I'm going to patent it and sell it to Touratech.

Up to Crask Inn for soup and sarnies with the BMW club chaps/chapesses. Then Mike and I trundled back to Lairg and through Strath Oykel to Elphin. Strath was stunning and the temp got up to 20 degrees! Warmest I've been on a bike this year! Dodged all the showers down to Ullapool.....then got a big one!

Back across to Garve and Inverness and back home at 6.30.....383 miles for lunch....a cracking day out! Thanks Mike!

It was indeed an excellent day out but we were enjoying the ride so much that we forgot to stop and take any pics ! I didn't want to go home too soon so had a blat down the A9 behind Gerard and then cut across Carrbridge / Glenferness / Findhorn / Lossiemouth before home :D

Only downside for me was the sneaky ' Safety Mobile Camera Unit ( or just CNUT ) ' near Tornagrain this morning :blast

And a small highlight being seeing off the 2 sports bikes ( one of which pulled out from a layby right in front of us ) south of Elphin...they didn't seem to like the corners..

Back
Top Bottom