Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Bike taxed just before midnight, ready for first ride of 2020 today.

Got my chores done and waited for the noon day heatwave to ease off and headed in one of favourite directions - St Mary’s Loch. Many years since I’d seen Talla & Megget so looped round there to St Mary’s & Moffat. I’d forgotten there was such a steep climb on that wee road.

Absolutely fuckin’ brilliant.

Mostly had the road to myself for 150 miles. After stopping to picture the “we’re shut” sign at the Dumfries & Galloway county line towards Moffat, I did a 180 and enjoyed 5.5 miles back past the loch. And of course heading back again to Moffat let me have 3 runs on one of the best bits of road in the land. After the first pass I had Mrs Sheep and her lambs sussed. Sheep & pheasants were the biggest hazard of the day, followed by a few areas of melting tarmac FFS.

Twats of the day were the van driver and Porsche driver who blew past at silly speed on the A801, leaving me to pass them a minute later on the short dual section into the next roundabout.

As the bike and I have been hibernating since end of October, both were in Rain mode to start, just enjoying the trundle until half way then switched to Dynamic mode as I was getting back in the groove.

Although a few people were enjoying the popular parking areas, there was no crowding at all.

Was still 24 degrees at 6pm. Astonishing.

As my 10 day May trip to Germany & Belgium (Spa) had been blitzed it was a good start to the year as I could have wished for. Roll on summer :)

ps - the String Vest on my seat was recently acquired after reading a recommendation. Can only say that I wasn’t uncomfortable so maybe my erse was being Aircooled. Will have to fully test it in rain next.

Attachments

• 3C7D09F3-5935-46FD-A08C-B9E92F082C96.jpg
    3C7D09F3-5935-46FD-A08C-B9E92F082C96.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 87D50EF7-FBAC-428C-865B-DA35AF96AE11.jpg
    87D50EF7-FBAC-428C-865B-DA35AF96AE11.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 208
  • F2B87D2B-E388-4D85-B7F0-B0D9E6866801.jpg
    F2B87D2B-E388-4D85-B7F0-B0D9E6866801.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 178
  • C452E068-04FD-4528-B06C-AA36CE13049F.jpg
    C452E068-04FD-4528-B06C-AA36CE13049F.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 58EF7B81-BDE6-40B1-8E97-CC5CE90CBC9B.jpg
    58EF7B81-BDE6-40B1-8E97-CC5CE90CBC9B.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 199
That's a great circuit that but what's this "we're shut" stuff ? I usually come from the other direction heading down towards Tulla as opposed to heading away from it, assume the cafe was closed.

You’ll need to change your forum name to Rab C Biker! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has lockdown been lifted? Did I miss it

No it hasn't.

'Travel in Scotland may be restricted after hundreds flout rules

Nicola Sturgeon says she is rethinking lockdown easing as 800 dispersal notices issued on Saturday'

'Nicola Sturgeon says the "stay at home" message is still the core one, alongside the rule of two metre distancing'

No it hasn't.

'Travel in Scotland may be restricted after hundreds flout rules

Nicola Sturgeon says she is rethinking lockdown easing as 800 dispersal notices issued on Saturday'

'Nicola Sturgeon says the "stay at home" message is still the core one, alongside the rule of two metre distancing'

Whit does she expect after folk being cooped up for the past 2 months..and then letting them have a bit of freedom...shes a fekin tube..also 800 isnt alot considering the amount of folk that were out n about.. she's jus shit feart incase she loses face tae england..

Whit does she expect after folk being cooped up for the past 2 months..and then letting them have a bit of freedom...shes a fekin tube..also 800 isnt alot considering the amount of folk that were out n about.. she's jus shit feart incase she loses face tae england..

You've got issues fella, no sure what they are but you may need to get them seen to.

'Nicola Sturgeon says the "stay at home" message is still the core one,

Not that difficult to grasp surely?

Plenty selfish kunts hooning about out there thinking they are above everyone else :thumb

Mibae if they knew someone affected or a grieving family might change their tune.

Mostly on girls bikes :augie

A few pics from my part of the country. Ardnamurchan peninsula, no jollies here strictly commuting.

Attachments

• 97EC7892-994F-4510-BB54-D4D31423501A.jpg
    97EC7892-994F-4510-BB54-D4D31423501A.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 079B974D-8942-4E0C-BA7A-6B89641E0F64.jpg
    079B974D-8942-4E0C-BA7A-6B89641E0F64.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 211
  • DE62594F-9615-4FA5-B50C-FF2F329A252F.jpg
    DE62594F-9615-4FA5-B50C-FF2F329A252F.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 206
Here in Scotland to quote Van-Tam " don't tear the pants out of it" should apply to our biking at this time.
The expectation is that we screw the nut and don't travel the big routes we would normally do at this time of the year.

Yes there are some who flaunt the rules, but then they probably do at other times also.
I think most sensible folk are still making an effort.
I suspect if someone on a bike is involved in an RTA at this time, and are riding without proper reason, you can imagine some extra fine(s) being applied.

im dying to get out but only ventured out once for a wee lap of dunkeld......

im dying to get out but only ventured out once for a wee lap of dunkeld......

My ventures on the bike have only been for shopping, errands or when I got it serviced on Tuesday. No fun though unfortunately as my wife is a cop and if anything happened while out on a jolly it wouldn’t look great for either of us I don’t imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last weekend was horrendous in the glen.....sounded like standing at Windy Corner. So the local councillor was on to the feds and now they are going to increase their patrols....thanks a bunch morons. I'm quite happy at going as quick as I feel safe, but some of the antics last week were just plain stupid on a public road.

I had a lovely 80 mile loop on the Super 10 today, missus on the back and some warm sun. Perfect quiet roads around Cabrach, Glen Rinnes and Glenlivet, met one other bike and a handful of cars.
Pulled into a passing place to let a police car coming in the opposite direction to pass, got a happy smile and a wave in return.

Have a ride but keep the speed down and don't take the piss :rolleyes:

Have a ride but keep the speed down and don't take the piss :rolleyes:

Sensible advice, can't think of a valid reason why motorcyclists can't enjoy a wee bimble out on their bikes at this time. Personally, I pick my times & routes very carefully in order to avoid the ones who will spoil everything for everyone.
Take care and stay safe.

Attachments

• P1040242.jpg
    P1040242.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 126
Last weekend was horrendous in the glen.....sounded like standing at Windy Corner. So the local councillor was on to the feds and now they are going to increase their patrols....thanks a bunch morons. I'm quite happy at going as quick as I feel safe, but some of the antics last week were just plain stupid on a public road.

The problem for the feds is it's all weather related, had this weekend been as nice as last weekend the Shee would be just as busy but given it's much cooler, chances are it'll be a lot quieter.

Back
Top Bottom