Buying GSA dilemma

Imo the money you spend on a good lc is pointless a well looked after Tc 12/13 plate is as good if not better than an lc and you save £££

So you are suggesting to look for older models as I mentioned in my post ?

My concern is about the price... Used GSA from the dealer is about 11k... Brand new will be around 16k
5k does not sound "much" if we have brand new on one side and used on the other side... However on top of that I will have to add money spent for services with the dealers etc...
Weird... When I read this I think that I don't really know what I want.

I am not saying an lc is shite far from it it is a great bike
Imo I just don't see the price diff
You can get a Tc 13 plate for 10 k with under 10k on the clock
A used lc for £14-15k with similar mileage
What are the difference lots cruise integrated sat nav very responsive engine great bike to ride
I just cannot justify in my mind the price diff
But it's a personal choice

Zx9man - '13 plate non-lc would be somethings I would really want soon...
I believe I should get this for a reasonable price.
I do not need many extras. Heated grips, esa and few more will be fine...
I do prefer tomtom as satnav on the road....
However aluminium panniers is a must...

I can only get this from the dealer because I need a finance.

Buy a used one owner bike and save a fortune, BUT with minimum 12 month BMW warranty, just in case. Most issues with any bikes are in the 1st 6-7k anyway.

The OP talks about issues discussed on t web....best not look at Ducati MTS1200 then, that would frighten anyone off. Yet I did 15k with no issues. Two mates with pre 13 bikes though and have both had new clocks. Cost around £700 I think if outside warranty. Some early bikes also had self destruct engines and porous heads..

Can I suggest you find a BMW dealer that has a used GSA Twin Cam in stock and test ride it
back to back with an LC. That should help you make your decision.

Don't forget to take your licence and NI number or they wont let you ride it.

Marcing.... You don't need to go to dealer to get finance, thats crazy thinking!

Lots of loans available at 3 or 4% . Try ,http://www.blackhorse.co.uk/bike/PersonalLoan.html

You can buy any spec you want , take a look at auto trader bikes, buy consider buying privately (perhaps buy one with some warranty left maybe a 20 month old bike?) .

Just one other observation; the integration of the BMW (garmin) Nav with the control wheel is truly superb on the GS. To "wang your hand around" operating a (frankly toy-like) Tom Tom is bloody stupid ( imho) .

Best wishes and I hope you get a bargain , goodness knows there are literally hundreds for sale.

Can you guys tell me if anything changed for better through last two years

JBiker has a valid point , there is a sweet spot on the spec versus price issue.

The only observation I'd make is the LED headlight is brilliant and makes night riding very enjoyable.
the cruise control could save your licence ( how much is your ability to ride and drive worth?) I'd make that an "essential " like the LED headlight.

I wouldn't worry too much about the electronic suspension on the TE models ( if you ride solo). Frankly, there is little difference between the rain , road, dynamic modes.
(Thats only my opinion, possibly every other forum poster will disagree with me)

I'm not sure if there are bikes available without the "comfort package" , Heated grips? I wouldn't touch one of those because you'll impair your ability to sell it again !

Perhaps take a test ride on one with quick shifter (gear assist pro) and keyless go.
I'd also try and get the latest colour (that you can afford), since it will make resale easier in a few years time.

I am not saying an lc is shite far from it it is a great bike
Imo I just don't see the price diff
You can get a Tc 13 plate for 10 k with under 10k on the clock
A used lc for £14-15k with similar mileage
What are the difference lots cruise integrated sat nav very responsive engine great bike to ride
I just cannot justify in my mind the price diff
But it's a personal choice

I paid £10.5k last March for a 14 month old / 4k GSTE main dealer in mint condition - pick your time of year (Feb / Mar) pick a northern BMW dealer they are thousands cheaper - I travelled up to Newcastle to buy mine - saved nearly £2k against Williams Manchester Most boxers superb - LC GS undoubtedly streets ahead of the oil / hex heads

Hey Marcing, Don't lose your focus, stick with your original thoughts and go with a used nearly new GSA-LC and you will be a very happy bunny indeed. I did exactly this about 1 month ago, and I'm so pleased with this bike, it's just brilliant!

My previous bike was a lovely trouble free 2014 GS-LC TE which I had from new. :thumb

Hey Marcing, Don't lose your focus, stick with your original thoughts and go with a used nearly new GSA-LC and you will be a very happy bunny indeed. I did exactly this about 1 month ago, and I'm so pleased with this bike, it's just brilliant!

My previous bike was a lovely trouble free 2014 GS-LC TE which I had from new. :thumb

Batman1 - update in the time about your GS... I must move my budget towards the house refreshment so possible will look to buy the bike in about 6-7 months... Maybe just wait until winter to get better price

If you do two up touring consider the pillion and rider space (length) as it is 3 inches less on the GSA Lc compared to the outgoing GSA Tc. The rider seat on the Lc does tip you forward and the top box position is slightly forward making it all feel cramped with gear on for 2. Before you ask I am 6ft and slim and my wife is 5ft 5 inches, also slim.
I am on my second GSA Lc which I have messed about with the seat arrangement. The starter switch seized on both, changed under warranty and I cannot live with the gearbox when the engine gets hot when engaging 1st, I am not convinced it will last.
The other important thing to consider is the future value of the Lc, they have all taken a hit in the trade. I have gone back to a GSA Tc which I shipped out to Spain in November for a months touring with the wife.The Tc never missed a beat. Look for a smart GSA Tc save some money and it will be worth more over the long term.

The LC GSA is a great bike. I've had a 1200 in each of the TC models. Although, I have been very satisfied with each of these, in my view, the LC which i now have (2015) is the better machine.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Same here, totally agree

Your worrying about "problems" that havent even happened! you cant go through life like that!!! :rob

buy the gsa lc and enjoy it, it will be the best bike you've ever had... and if its not, sell it and buy something else! SIMPLE'S :beerjug:

What’s the best bike in the world? The one you’re on. Relax and ride.

Back
Top Bottom