FLHTP - Electra Glide

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Is it just me... love the classic looks of this (ok the lights need to be sorted to be non coloured if they actually work). They also have a road king version, but I love the clean lines and simplicity of this. (It would go lovely with a 'Polite' vest...)

vehicle_191884678_662093.jpg

vehicle_191884678_662094.jpg

vehicle_191884678_662096.jpg

vehicle_191884678_662095.jpg

vehicle_191884678_662097.jpg

http://www.maidstoneharleydavidson....DAVIDSON-FLHTP- Police Electr-1690cc/0169.htm

RBW.

Aren't the Police bikes supposed to have a bit more oomph than stock machines?

Well the one on test at Euston Traffic Garage back in the 90's didn't have much in the way of oomph, even compared to the r80's it was up against.

I just hate that handlebar mounted front fairing, ugly and has not changed for 50 years.

Makes them very ungainly, I like the road king better.

Prefer the Sheriff moniker RK myself as its more Wild West/cowboy orientated and could imagine riding one whilst carrying a firearm. :thumb

The batwing faring is a thing of wonderment on the touring models. It just works. :thumb2

Thats really useful, havent tried an Electra glide yet so wasnt sure how useful the fairing is. I had to check diffs between Road King and Electra and it pretty much seems to be the fairing.

I havent found any major differences in the police bikes other than the wiring, urban rumour is that the higher output engines when tested go to the police bikes but this may just be rumour.

I dont need a pillion, so am really warming to this.

RBW.

Prefer the Sheriff moniker RK myself as its more Wild West/cowboy orientated and could imagine riding one whilst carrying a firearm. :thumb

The batwing faring is a thing of wonderment on the touring models. It just works. :thumb2

Pah.......when doing miles, they work way better than RK....I have both....and the 'glide is the first choice for distance/ shitty weather....

I looked at an ex-po-leece Road King some years ago. What put me off was the high output alternator that was in the right hand pannier (to power the wah-wahs, lights and radio etc.) Also there was a quick release catch on top of the left pannier to presumably allow quick access to a shooter thereby facilitating indiscriminate shooting of black people whilst on the move. New panniers and all the wiring agro (removal of alternator) put me off. It was also covered in sugary doughnut and coffee stains.

Another consideration which may or may not bother you is that you will look like you have just lost your way from a Gay Pride/Mardi Gras Carnival whenever out on it...oh, and everyone will call you 'Ponch'.

I was taken by the look of the RK Police bike as well and I'm picking one up in March. The batwing fairing on the Glide version does work much better than the RK type, especially with the front vent open, but I just liked the look of the RK more. The Dealer has to change the blue/red lights to clear ones, but they still flash alternately so probably not legal to use.

Here's a link to the latest HD Police brochure

I looked at an ex-po-leece Road King some years ago. What put me off was the high output alternator that was in the right hand pannier (to power the wah-wahs, lights and radio etc.) Also there was a quick release catch on top of the left pannier to presumably allow quick access to a shooter thereby facilitating indiscriminate shooting of black people whilst on the move. New panniers and all the wiring agro (removal of alternator) put me off. It was also covered in sugary doughnut and coffee stains.

Another consideration which may or may not bother you is that you will look like you have just lost your way from a Gay Pride Carnival whenever out on it...oh, and everyone will call you 'Ponch'.

i loved that show

Your not helping :D

And thank you :beerjug:

I was taken by the look of the RK Police bike as well and I'm picking one up in March. The batwing fairing on the Glide version does work much better than the RK type, especially with the front vent open, but I just liked the look of the RK more. The Dealer has to change the blue/red lights to clear ones, but they still flash alternately so probably not legal to use.

Here's a link to the latest HD Police brochure

Back
Top Bottom