Ok tell me about your Yamaha T Max experience

I´ve done 65k on my mk1. Only failure has been the water temp sensor so far.

As others have said the mk1 chassis can´t keep up with the engine and the single front disc is hopeless. I´m at the point now where it´s worth so little I may as well keep it until it becomes too expensive to repair and then buy another. I wonder if I can get to 100k on it?

One thing for sure is that the quality of these early Tmax´s is far superior to the latest models.

I have a 2011 500 version which I bought cheaply. Great fun for going into town but very capable of long trips if needed. It rides so much better than the much newer X-Max I had prior to this.

Well I went ahead and chopped in my trusty 20k mile Forza 300 for a new TMAX after getting a stonking deal in my dealer's Autumn sale. I have been after a TMAX for a long time after seeing them everywhere when I used to live in Italy. Mine is a std model - no way I was going to spend anything over £9K as it is a scooter after all!

First impressions are very positive - engine and handling are streets ahead of the Forza and only additions will be a Toucano Thermoscud fo rmy legs and heated grips - i dont need a top box given the ample storage space under the seat and anyway if I'm going touring i will take my 1290SA.

Overall, Im chuffed!

Here you go
c2c99f4b992b782c6fd804816bdaaed8.jpg

Lovely . Had the exact same model . Enjoy your T Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Robbo!

Have you still got yours? I would love a termi pipe the same as yours. Could you post a link to the one you got please? De-cat?

Cheers Robbo!

Have you still got yours? I would love a termi pipe the same as yours. Could you post a link to the one you got please? De-cat?

I bought it from Italy via EBay . £740 or so . It was a buggar to fit , and not much louder, gave it a sporty sound and is much lighter than the stock exhaust . I put a black Givi screen on it as it looked better . I sold mine to get the Evo Scooter which I still have . Just bought a Mk 3 T Max for winter it’s a nice one with just 12000 miles on it , rides well . They are great bikes

Well I went ahead and chopped in my trusty 20k mile Forza 300 for a new TMAX after getting a stonking deal in my dealer's Autumn sale. I have been after a TMAX for a long time after seeing them everywhere when I used to live in Italy. Mine is a std model - no way I was going to spend anything over £9K as it is a scooter after all!

First impressions are very positive - engine and handling are streets ahead of the Forza and only additions will be a Toucano Thermoscud fo rmy legs and heated grips - i dont need a top box given the ample storage space under the seat and anyway if I'm going touring i will take my 1290SA.

Overall, Im chuffed!

Fuck it, take it touring !! Great fun

ca508573310bebe994ac699e56a6cd0f.jpg

I ran my MkII T-Max for five years in and around London and never felt the need for heated grips; I did however have a Termoscud and muffs which I left permanently attached :thumb

ps - if anyone have a use for an aftermarket variator do let me know as I found one (new & unused) in the garage :blast

I was looking for a Burgervan 650, but thinking of getting a TMAX instead.
I have seen a 2014 model, 530cc with belt drive.
Looks ok, low mileage - anything I need to be wary of or looking out for?
Thanks,
Lloyd

How strange I try and find some info on a T Max and end up on a GS site.

A site I haven't used for nearly 10 years!!

I still have the GS but having caught the scooter bug in France where I keep a Silverwing I decided it was time to add a T Max.
Not thinking I would be buying one at this time of year finding a few month old standard 560 with only 60miles on the clock and a substantial saving tempted me to open up my wallet.

My choice of the standard model was made easier as I intended to fit the lower screen and having never owned a bike with cruise control it wont be missed.

Heated handle bars are a different matter though and finding the Yamaha parts retro fit I was looking for some installation tips.

Quite ironic that my last post was me bleating as I was having difficulty getting the GS insured on a multi bike policy this time it couldn't have been easier with Devitt.

How strange I try and find some info on a T Max and end up on a GS site.

A site I haven't used for nearly 10 years!!

I still have the GS but having caught the scooter bug in France where I keep a Silverwing I decided it was time to add a T Max.
Not thinking I would be buying one at this time of year finding a few month old standard 560 with only 60miles on the clock and a substantial saving tempted me to open up my wallet.

My choice of the standard model was made easier as I intended to fit the lower screen and having never owned a bike with cruise control it wont be missed.

Heated handle bars are a different matter though and finding the Yamaha parts retro fit I was looking for some installation tips.

Quite ironic that my last post was me bleating as I was having difficulty getting the GS insured on a multi bike policy this time it couldn't have been easier with Devitt.

Mine is std too and is fine. I added the lower sports screen and had the heated grips fitted at the first service - this enables them to be controlled from the dash. Overall I love my TMAX and usually ride it more than my KTM - go figure!

I’m beginning to think I should have had the grips fitted at the dealer as stripping it down is proving fun !!!

I've just put down a deposit on a 2019 530 DX.

Just sayin' like.

It's going to replace a 2000 1150GS and a Vespa GTS 250.

My 2019 XP 530 DX won't start!

Side stand is up.
Kill switch is set to on.
Been on an Optimate trickle charger.
Battery showing 12.85 volts
Both brakes held on.
Dash lights up. Horn, screen & lights all work.
I never used the dreaded App (but I'm not the first owner...)
Quite click when pressing start button but no starter motor sound.
Battery removed and checked over - including connections.
Panel A removed
All fuses checked - including the second 15A one that tries to hide round the back. All good.
No loose wires spotted.
Confirmed that there is an electric 'click' sound when either brake is pulled and when side stand is put up - so presumably all those switches working.

? immobiliser issue

All thoughts gratefully received

Back
Top Bottom