Mapsource using "Find" causes error message and app closes???

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure what caused this, the app had been working as normal on my W10 tower, now when i try to use the find function It causes an error message and a "report to garmin", then shuts the app down.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall, no change..

anyone else experienced this or is just another case of garminitis??

It won't help at all for me to tell you that it doesn't happen on my W7 PC - sorry!

I get all sorts of problems with Open Street Map on Basecamp, but that's another long story. For me, Mapsource works well.

has this just occured if so it maybe due to the latest update from garmin that has updated to version 4.6.1, check the version info and if so try going back to the previous version, it may fix it or may not its just a thought.

OP was referring to Mapsource, not Basecamp. My problem with Basecamp might be fixed by the update but I am not hopeful that Garmin would do anything to support non-Garmin maps.

I will try the update and hope it doesn't break some other feature!

you could try this,
in mapsource, click on help, check for software updates. ?

you could try this,
in mapsource, click on help, check for software updates. ?

hi
yes already tried that...no change " up to date" ( well that is what garmin say about all their apps!)

mapsource version 6.16.3 I know base camp supersedes mapsource, but am reluctant to change over to it having learned (painfully) how to make mapsource do what i want it to

russ996duke doesn't have that choice.

well, well, turns out that when I use basecamp, the same problem occurs!!!!!!!!!!!!

emailed garmin customer support, will not be holding my breath, they will say it must be a windows 10 issue, etc etc

Back
Top Bottom